Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the prize money on offer, I’d disagree that the business and football models were as mutually exclusive as you suggest.

Furthermore, no commercial organisation can pontificate about its business model when the place it carries on its trade from is so outdated, dilapidated and uncomfortable for its paying customers - with no meaningful sign of a plan to resolve it, save for a few specious press releases about extending the main stand.

I think it’s fair to say that the Glazers have purposefully exploited the commercial income of the club, but there’s much more to running a successful football business than that. It’s one of a number of core factors, of which success on the pitch, forward planning, return on investment, succession planning and having good security measures in place must also feature. In each of those regards united have been conspicuously lacking in the last decade.

So no, I disagree. Their business model is poor because it palpably fails to exploit the commercial advantages that the club innately enjoys.
Very well explained, I just wonder if as a business it’s as much about dividends which are often unaffected by on field success. Get a strong business model and performances and results are a bonus rather than necessity. Just a thought

Very well explained, I just wonder if as a business it’s as much about dividends which are often unaffected by on field success. Get a strong business model and performances and results are a bonus rather than necessity. Just a thought
That’s fair comment mate. I guess that following that logic, the more success on the pitch, the bigger the dividends, but as you say that’s a bonus, rather than a necessity.

Delaney on 5 live now pushing the agenda that Chelsea issues now are a great opportunity to reset football club ownership in general.

oh how surprising….
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

English football has never been so popular at home and around the world. It's why a whole new media industry has ballooned to deliver a constant stream of news.
This allows cunts like Delany and Co to have a career in sports journalism.

If he wants a reset then its back to 1 game a week on TV, no 24 hour sports channels, 1 match reporter writing for a respected paper and certainly no room for this generation of know fuck all gobshites who can not be objective!

Delaney on 5 live now pushing the agenda that Chelsea issues now are a great opportunity to reset football club ownership in general.

oh how surprising….
Did he go into specific details of how this reset would be achieved or was he just issuing soundbites ? Does he want us to go back to the local scrap metal dealer owning their local club ? Is it back to the days of Swales, Ken Bates, Louis Edwards etc that he advocates ?

How the fuckety fuck does deloony get on these programmes?
He looks like he needs his hard drive looked at, beady eyed little twat that he is.
Irony of him being paid by the state broadcaster to spout his shite is lost on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.