Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all the tired old clichés, some of the smartest people I’ve ever done business with have been Irish. Dealt with a guy from Cork, who came here in the 60’s, who hasn’t lost an ounce of his (especially strident) Cork accent. Not at all educated. One of the smartest guys I ever met. Irish people can be street smart in a way I really like.

So I feel suitably qualified to state that Delaney is a sinfully thick ****.
I did some business in Dublin some years ago. Really enjoyed it. My counter party brought a colleague up from Cork. A weird sing song accent which they attributed to a large influx of Welsh workers back in history. I understood the man of Cork better than the Dubliners did.

All this fawning over CR‘s hat-trick just shows how fickle the media are, he has been useless for three months and then, at the age of 37, has a good day. Well I am 30 years older than him and can claim a similar performance record, but the local press don’t seem interested that I mowed the lawn.
Get yer boots out!

Surely the ‘Holier Than Thou‘ Migs would never have gone to Russia to cover the 2018 World Cup, even though it has ‘Moscow’ next to his name. It must be a typo error?

C64-EA98-F-12-EC-4326-9-AE4-AF9-AE9-B42-BCB.png

Before the World Cup starts I/we need to start a thread naming and shaming the journalists who have decided to go to Qatar to report on the World Cup Final. Let’s see how many of the usual suspects tell their bosses they are refusing to go to Qatar for moral reasons.
They'll just fall behind being professional in going to report in a true and honest way like Roan did in Russia.

James Gheerbrant (who?!) in the Times, took a swipe at City yesterday by comparing us unfavourably to Shane Warne. He said "Manchester City embody an entirely different, almost opposite, mode of excellence: a team with no outsize individuals, little of that magic charisma; serial winners driven by process, not personality."

He then goes on to describe how we dominate games, using some stats to demonstrate how much better we are at it than "Sir Alex Ferguson-era" rag teams, but says "football was never meant to look like this."

He then has a swipe at Jack; "Grealish was, in many ways, the closest thing English Football had to a Warne; the wildly lovable folk-cherub, with that playfulness, that innate swagger, the ability to bend a game to his will and have fun doing it... yet the player who was perhaps the most compelling in the league last season feels almost irrelevant now; denuded of some vital quality, it feels like we've lost his 'Grealishness'."

He finishes the article by droning on about how our brilliance is impossible not to admire, but is not enjoyable or fun to watch.

Most tellingly, his article is below a 2 page puff-piece with a "Trent" headline; the difference in emphasis is clear and obvious!
"Football was never meant to look like this." Total bollocks. Try telling the Magical Magyars, Vic Buckingham, Rinus Michels, Johan Cruyff, and Pep that. They would laugh him off the court. Yeah, lump it up to the big man, into the mixer, etc was so much better.

He was either not playing or piss poor last weekend when the class of '22 was schooled by our team of young mercenaries.

I quite like the media making a big thing about the latest man united great hopes for the future.

The tears will still taste delicious in a few seasons,when the wonder kids turn out to be not so wonderful.

I quite like the media making a big thing about the latest man united great hopes for the future.

The tears will still taste delicious in a few seasons,when the wonder kids turn out to be not so wonderful.
They normally wait until they've been on the pitch with the first team but the desperation is growing by the day to keep them looking like a top club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.