Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Northcroft (Sunday Times) on Radio 4's Broadcasting House news prog this morning cited Thaksin's human rights record, then Sheik Mansour taking over - "here's a rich guy wanting to have fun; he didn't come to games and it was clear government officials in Abu Dhabi were running the club".

I sent an email saying they might get a writ. Oddly, after the piece they had statements from Saudi Arabia saying the sovereign wealth fund that owns Newcastle is not a state organisation and from Abramovich denying strong ties to Putin.

Last edited:
Despite all the tired old clichés, some of the smartest people I’ve ever done business with have been Irish. Dealt with a guy from Cork, who came here in the 60’s, who hasn’t lost an ounce of his (especially strident) Cork accent. Not at all educated. One of the smartest guys I ever met. Irish people can be street smart in a way I really like.

So I feel suitably qualified to state that Delaney is a sinfully thick ****.

I’d quite agree.

My old dear emigrated to Manchester from Galway in the late 50s, and the Irish side of my family are sharp as tacks!

So I feel equally qualified to concur with your view.

Sinfully thick, duplicitous, morally compromised and ethically bankrupt.

All the above is true, but in his defence there is no verifiable evidence in circulation that he wanks off dogs.

Indeed.

Well - none in circulation which I’m personally aware of, anyway.

But piffling trifle such as a lack of evidence has never stood in the way of our man and his incessant shitposting on various social platforms, so I fail to see why we should be in any way deterred from following his lead (if you’ll excuse the pun)!

Here we go again and again.

More PR United bullsh*t.

Starlets replaces Wonder Kids.

Not mention of all the other United youth teams that were beaten comfortably by the City youth teams.

EE332-CB5-A839-4-C6-D-B267-170-E4900-E5-A8.jpg
The Striker with 600 goals will probably follow the same path as Paul Moulden,

End up serving in Lou Macari's chippy!

Who was it in his biography had a chapter about football chairmen/directors that was just a blank page? Cloughie? Joseph Holt has dimmed the memories somewhat these days.
That was Len Shackleton of Sunderland (aka 'The Clown Prince of Football', who was before my time but of whom my Old Man said was one of the best English players he'd ever seen.. also confirmed to me by one of my old work colleagues who was his nephew; apparently, even in his old age, Uncle Len would entertain at family gatherings by juggling with his feet anything from a football via apples and oranges to a ping-pong ball.. he was that good!)

Last edited:
Why don't the club just tell Slyman Stone to fuck off

Can't remember the last time he actually asked Pep a question about football. He's asking him about ownership in The Premier League
Worth having Stone at the press conferences just to watch Pep's reaction when it's Stones turn to ask a stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.