Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio 5 discussing football club ownership on the back of Chelsea. Callers saying clubs should be fan owned/majority owned and return to the Community feel of old. Burnley fan going on about’state’ owned clubs , example City and PSG and it is not competitive because of the money that is put in and the game needs cleaning up by a new regulator……
Because Burnley were doing so well before foreign money came into the Premier league?

Before the World Cup starts I/we need to start a thread naming and shaming the journalists who have decided to go to Qatar to report on the World Cup Final. Let’s see how many of the usual suspects tell their bosses they are refusing to go to Qatar for moral reasons.

They all had a good jolly up in Russia four years ago.

Jonathan Northcroft (Sunday Times) on Radio 4's Broadcasting House news prog this morning cited Thaksin's human rights record, then Sheik Mansour taking over - "here's a rich guy wanting to have fun; he didn't come to games and it was clear government officials in Abu Dhabi were running the club".

I sent an email saying they might get a writ. Oddly, after the piece they had statements from Saudi Arabia saying the sovereign wealth fund that owns Newcastle is not a state organisation and from Abramovich denying strong ties to Putin.
There was next to nothing said about that at the time by rival fans or media
Maybe as City weren’t challenging for the top trophies under Shinawatra
I’ve never heard Sheffield United being criticized for their owners either
Maybe they will be if they ever start challenging certain clubs for the top trophies

Today, tenuous links between Tom Brady's decision to continue playing after watching Cristiano Ronaldo and also the journey to the youth cup final for United's U18s. How vividly I remember stories of the last eleven years of youth cup finalists.

The media are so selective in which clubs they report negative issues.. This is a prime headlines for the dippers in this current climate.. Agenda, surely not..

Standard Chartered Bank has been fined a record £20.4 million (U.S. $24.9 million) for a “most serious” breach of sanctions by providing around £97.4 million (U.S. $119.1 million) in loans to a Russian bank in the Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.