Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really not as simple as chucking on a sub or two and all will come good. The boys out there were doing well and carved out some very good chances. Also it may have disrupted the side if we made subs for subs sake. I do understand the frustration as we haven’t won but we did more than enough to win.

It is always frustrating to drop points but Palace are a very good side and the main thing is we didn’t lose.
Those people saying this lot are bottlers are bang out of order on my opinion. 1 loss in what 4/5 months and all of a sudden they are bottlers. Rubbish.

And those giving pep pellets come on. The man is a genius and we will never see the likes of him again at city. Appreciate him and all that he is while he is here.
I get the impression one or two fans have a real problem with pep and as soon as we drop points then the usual bollox surfaces.
Totally uncalled for.

Oops wrong thread. Was meant for the palace after game on.
Sorry wasn’t intentionally ruining this chain.

OK so I have SLY Sport, is it time for us to launch a bin SLY sports, hit them in the pocket? Reason for cancellation? Endless smearing of Man City.
Already got rid but get the coverage via a stick - I am so more at peace not financing their agenda.

And yes, it is an agenda...........

What a prick Hinchcliffe is. Boring twat as well.
Everything he says is like an announcement. Totally biased against us. I remember him co commentating with Tyler who set him up to wax lyrical about the time he scored in the 5-1 against the rags. Fucking silence. Even Tyler sounded as though he found it a bit weird that he didn't elaborate. Total c*nt of a man. If we'd scored a winner I was gonna tweet sly sports telling him to keep his chin up but he'd probably need a fork lift truck the knobhead.

Agree after around 25 mins someone for Palace drops like a fly in each half for a 5 min time out when they are most under pressure . I've seen this at Etihad too . Only 2 mins added in first half , was much longer than that kouyate was rolling around.
This tactic was pointed out by Danny Higginbotham BEFORE a Southampton game recently on US TV. He literally called it within a few minutes. He even called that it’s an opportunity for the players to go over to the sideline, get a drink or energy gel, and receive some coaching. I was astounded, because I’d never even though it could be so organized.

Last night, it felt like every time we had them pinned back for any extended period, someone went down to take the air out and take away the momentum.

Talk about cynical!!!

watched the game on SuperSport (SA) - Martin Tyler was the commentator, he was totally different than he is with Sky - i.e. balanced and commentating as a neutral - we didn't even have to mute him!

For me, it reinforces the idea that Sky set an agenda and as part of that, city are treated negatively.

The thing that strikes me is the sheer ignorance and lack of intellectual rigour of the commentariat. I am referring not just to football people, but also to journos who ought to know better and probably do. But hey it's a good story, right?
Just to pick a few examples:
-- Comparing the war in Ukraine with the war in Yemen. One is a hostile invasion, the other is a police action in support of the legitimate government in accordance with a UN resolution, which was renewed this week by a unanimous vote. These yappers and scribblers never mention the Houti rebels and their attacks on civilian targets in Saudi and Abu Dhabi. If the Houti won, they would make ISIS look like a tea party and destabilise the whole of the Gulf.
-- The sanctions have been imposed on Russia for the invasion and on individuals known to support Putin. They have not been imposed for human rights breaches.
-- Assuming Mansour is a member of the gov from his title of Deputy
Prime Minister.
-- Being hugely selective in their targets. No mention of Liverpool's sponsor or the rags deals with Saudi or of the USA's breach of human rights in the use of the death penalty, no mention of Leicester City's owners etc. etc.
-- The singling out of football, as though it were not a business. We trade with many regimes who are not pristine; why is football any different? This encompasses casual racism talking about "new money" being a bad thing.
These people should stick to what they know, do their homework, drop the agenda and tell the truth.

They are preening themselves with the suffering of Ukranians. Enough already.

"USA's breach of human rights in the use of the death penalty"
I was going to mention this myself KS55 - maybe they're just going after clubs that threaten the red shirts (automatic) Champion's League places - City, Chelsea and now Newcastle - there's probably other clubs down the league but they're not interested in their owners as they're.. well ... down the league.

Their perfect world would be Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and maybe Tottenham qualifying every season or maybe rotate the last place so a club can't earn enough money to compete permanently with them.

"USA's breach of human rights in the use of the death penalty"
I was going to mention this myself KS55 - maybe they're just going after clubs that threaten the red shirts (automatic) Champion's League places - City, Chelsea and now Newcastle - there's probably other clubs down the league but they're not interested in their owners as they're.. well ... down the league.

Their perfect world would be Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and maybe Tottenham qualifying every season.
You're right of course, it is largely about the old guard's agenda. I expect Neville would be amazed if you told him that the USA has been heavily criticized on the human rights front by Amnesty International , Human Rights Watch and others, not least for selective use of the death penalty against black people. Hey Rio, what do you think? Under our own Human Rights Act, the death penalty is classified as a breach of the right to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.