Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tactic was pointed out by Danny Higginbotham BEFORE a Southampton game recently on US TV. He literally called it within a few minutes. He even called that it’s an opportunity for the players to go over to the sideline, get a drink or energy gel, and receive some coaching. I was astounded, because I’d never even though it could be so organized.

Last night, it felt like every time we had them pinned back for any extended period, someone went down to take the air out and take away the momentum.

Talk about cynical!!!
Interesting, was DH talking about Southampton or were Palace playing them. Southampton are a similar style to be fair, well organised, bit cynical, but probably better footballers.

This tactic was pointed out by Danny Higginbotham BEFORE a Southampton game recently on US TV. He literally called it within a few minutes. He even called that it’s an opportunity for the players to go over to the sideline, get a drink or energy gel, and receive some coaching. I was astounded, because I’d never even though it could be so organized.

Last night, it felt like every time we had them pinned back for any extended period, someone went down to take the air out and take away the momentum.

Talk about cynical!!!
When we are defending leads and go to the corners its just the same thing!

watched the game on SuperSport (SA) - Martin Tyler was the commentator, he was totally different than he is with Sky - i.e. balanced and commentating as a neutral - we didn't even have to mute him!

For me, it reinforces the idea that Sky set an agenda and as part of that, city are treated negatively.
I can just imagine the frothing and glee among commentators, pundits, and the RDAHMeedya had we got Roman and West London had got the Good Sheikh.

"USA's breach of human rights in the use of the death penalty"
I was going to mention this myself KS55 - maybe they're just going after clubs that threaten the red shirts (automatic) Champion's League places - City, Chelsea and now Newcastle - there's probably other clubs down the league but they're not interested in their owners as they're.. well ... down the league.

Their perfect world would be Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and maybe Tottenham qualifying every season or maybe rotate the last place so a club can't earn enough money to compete permanently with them.
Aha, the RDAHMeedya! Bastards!

I wrote on here the other day about my concern around the atmosphere and clamour for change at Middle-Eastern owned clubs following the sanctions on Abramovich and it’s fall out.

I fear our rivals are only being emboldened by what is currently happening, we are now seeing their message being propagated to a huge main stream audience on Sky, rather then their bot like journalists. Do not underestimate what the tide of popular opinion can do, this has been their aim all along & I fear this is going to be an even bigger onslaught than the Der Speigel leaks.

Neville talking about an independent arbitrator on club ownership is clearly the angle they are driving to remove ‘state’ financing from the game, so I’m expecting to see more of this over the coming months. How they could hope to drive out Middle Eastern investment in one part of British society but hope to keep it in others, I’ve no idea but I think they are going to push and push for it.

All these pundits who are so outraged at UAE and it’s human rights record. Most holiday in Dubai and some even own or did own property there - including Gary Neville.
20180314-nakheel_com%20-%20Image%201%20600x837.jpg

71L1oL9EP0L._RI_.jpg

He's a fucking Snake.

Interesting, was DH talking about Southampton or were Palace playing them. Southampton are a similar style to be fair, well organised, bit cynical, but probably better footballers.
He was talking about Soton in the pre-game discussion.

It caught my attention because it was kind of an “insider” observation of a bit of cynicism, which is almost verboten on TV here! They NEVER question crappy refereeing and are very happy to big up the game and make it seem like it’s all squeaky clean!

After I heard it, I watched the game and he called it!!

They even mentioned it on TV when it happened! Player went down with some mystery injury right on cue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.