Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
People do not see the difference between:
a) Being on the brink of war with Russia, a hostile entity which has been so all my life.
b) Being on terms of amity and alliance with the UAE. Which has always been our 'friend' insofar as any country is.
Either they are thick, or they have an agenda.
That the UAE has human rights issues I don't question, but so do most countries, including ours. We have relations and alliances with all manner of dodgy regimes, that is realpolitik. You cannot just trade and ally with nice guys, there aren't enough of them. The USA is our chief ally, and as far as human rights go is as dodgy as fuck. I could go on, but it would be tedious.
There are numerous things that are going on in the USA that l am concerned about. They are certainly not democratic practices and yet they get covered up by their media and ours despite being dodgy as fuck as you say. Media and government all telling 'Jussies' to cover up some astonishing stories.

Spot on, & just to caveat with my earlier post today having given it some more thought; I do not believe the media driven crusade to drive our owners out will be successful. It is impossible to see how it could be given the UK's strategic relations with the UAE, of which our owner is a citizen of, with many investments in the UK.

What I do expect however, is a new rule/regulation brought in moving forward that will prevent owners with links to royalty etc like our own, or PIF at Newcastle buying football clubs. This will be to placate our red shirted friends and their hoards of allies in the mainstream media.

Everyone is over thinking all this imo.

There is simply no way any of this howling in the wind will have any impact on Mansour's ownership of City while the UAE is an ally, an investor in the UK and an important business partner. Start to worry when the UAE invades Poland. Until then, forget all this nonsense.

I am pretty sure that is the approach Mansour will take, safe in the knowledge that the whole thing can be cleared up legally if anyone pushes too hard where it's actually important.

I would honestly like to see Khaldoon address these accusations of 'sportswashing' City being 'state-owned' etc in his end of season review. I know some will argue he doesn't need to but it is constantly us, normal City fans, who have to defend our clubs reputation online.

I'd like him to come out and outright flatten the cunts once and for all.

Spitty and ratboy want the government to stop all Middle Eastern ownership of football clubs. Wonder what the dickheads would make of this?

Are the two pricks insisting that Pep and Eddie Howe to make a statement on this, as they said they should (Spitty in particular) on other non-football matters?

Thought not.

I would honestly like to see Khaldoon address these accusations of 'sportswashing' City being 'state-owned' etc in his end of season review. I know some will argue he doesn't need to but it is constantly us, normal City fans, who have to defend our clubs reputation online.

Won't make any difference. That will just give the usual suspects more ammunition to use against the club and it makes our position look weaker ( have to justify it) rather than stronger.

The only way it gets sorted is in a court of law or arbitration. Which won't happen. Why? Because the state-owned narrative is clearly bollocks legally so no-one will take it on (they have had opportunities already) and if we aren't state-owned, we can't be "sportswashing".

I'm slightly disappointed that something hasn't happened with regards the Party Sky Political Broadcast.

Been working on this one for a while, stuck in the archives since he joined. Think, especially on his current form, Kyle Walker deserves a chant. Even if it is only one for away days, will do my best to get it going. Burnley might be a good spot. To the tune of Obla Di Obla Dah - Yes... its a scouser tune, but sure the blue boys can look past that after a few pints.

Josep went to Tottenham to go find some space,
Got them running to Etihad,
Josep said to Poch 'boy I like his pace'
Ohh his name is Kyle Walker he's our man.

Obla Di, Obla Dah, Kyle Walker
Cutting socks in Manchester,
Obla Di, Obla Dah, here comes Walker
Snapping some more rags again.

Cheers lads.

Hello! Hello! We are the Citeh boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.