Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've read it in detail, all old ground in as far as I can tell: Mancini payment, bending rules to sign youth players, Pearce emails.

Worth remembering as CAS taught us, emails & 'bombshell' documentation might be great for football journalists but they have to be backed up by physical financial transactions to lead to meaningful sanctions that stick. None of the emails had said accompanying transactions @ CAS, as all were paid in accordance with their contractual obligations. This was all covered at length in the final CAS release.

It seems our German & journalistic friends are unable to grasp this key fact, although I imagine the £ they make from smoking gun headlines makes it worth their time not to.

Nothing new. Just a rehash of claims already dismissed as not true at CAS.

Can't quite bring themselves to admit CAS dismissed every claim of sponsorship collusion.

Sadly it's still damage done as people won't read it and will just believe the headline because it suits their narrative that we're state funded cheats.

I actually thought at least one of the angles looked like it was hitting the sleeve already, one looked to be hitting the arm, another looked to be a bit in between both, if I remember right.

If you can't say with absolute certainty where the contact was, then by definition you will have to concede that it wasn't conclusive.

Then we have the offside.

Then we have the fact that a penalty isn't a goal or a guarantee of the end result, even if it is scored.

Then we have that fact that this was one decision. Even if it was a stonewall penalty(it wasn't but for arguments sake lets say it was), the media reaction to it would still be entirely disproportionate for like for like calls for other clubs. Whether they are in a title race or not.
Controversy leads to an increase in viewing, more media clicks and when Manchester City are also involved, then it goes up ten fold.

As a consequence of that series of articles, UEFA banned the club from the Champions League for two years. But the club managed to successfully appeal the ban before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which ruled that some of the accusations fall under the statute of limitations and that UEFA was unable to provide any evidence beyond that published by DER SPIEGEL. Furthermore, Manchester City had supplied witnesses who vehemently denied the UEFA accusations. CAS noted in its verdict that it saw no reason to believe these witnesses were lying.
I do get the impression they are trying to destroy Simon Pierce's credibility as a witness. As if CAS made their decisions based solely on him. Wasn't there accounting data that City provided, statements from Etihad all considered too? Along with the pretty significant reason that there was "no evidence" to support Der Spiegel's interpretations of emails and theorised versions of events.

Nothing new. Just a rehash of claims already dismissed as not true at CAS.

Can't quite bring themselves to admit CAS dismissed every claim of sponsorship collusion.

More to do to set a narrative for the premier to go after they’ve been investigating us for 3 years on the behest of these jealous bitter yanks!

Are we going to read all this again in 3 years? The never ending drip drip negative narrative of our club?!

Sadly it's still damage done as people won't read it and will just believe the headline because it suits their narrative that we're state funded cheats.
State funded would mean the UK government providing a subsidy.

Does anyone feel like the PL have been sitting around twiddling their thumbs. Waiting until these football leak hacks to go back to the drawing board and tell them what their new accusations should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.