Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the BBC Athletic Guardian etc include in their news / Twitter feeds old speculation from a discredited source about Utd / Liverpool? Of course not.
City fans should see these organisations for what they are and try and avoid. They only wish to do our club harm.

It’s almost like there’s a big match coming up.

I wonder how many posters predicted prior to today that there would be articles about City coming out in the build up to Sunday? I definitely did, I think it was after the Burnley game. It makes sense releasing them today just after the champions league fixtures are over with so it gets max exposure.
yep I 100% knew this was coming. Clear and organised agenda.

Just a thought on the DS article. It is either properly sourced wrt the PL investigation, or it isn't in which case it is just guesswork and meaningless.

If it is properly sourced, then someone is leaking information to the press and I am pretty sure that there are serious NDAs in place this time. That could be trouble for someone, and it won't be City.
I think this is a great point. The UEFA probe was totally undermined once one of their officials started leaking from inside the investigation. Effectively they killed their own case. I have always suspected this happened deliberately because UEFA knew they had no credible evidence and needed a way out. The media stories damaged City and that took some of the heat off UEFA who were being pressurised by the cartel clubs. They blamed it all on CAS in the end and dropped their internal investigation into the leaks.
Perhaps it suits the PL to leak this out now because they know they don't have a case and are looking for an out. They want City to be trashed in the court of public opinion. This is a tactic that has been used for years in civil and even some criminal cases. A compliant media is always a useful weapon.

Daily Mail article about UEFA's new sustainability regulations, via REUTERS.

As the article goes on.......... (note the obvious and not so subtle digs in the first 2 paragraphs)

Despite more than a decade of lavish investment in players, Abu Dhabi-funded Manchester City and Qatar-owned Paris Saint-Germain have yet to win the Champions League.

Key to rules tying spending to income will be whether UEFA assess the true value of potentially inflated sponsorships linked to the state-backed ownership with both City and PSG benefiting significantly from deals linked to their Gulf ownership.

The article then goes off on another tangent.....

German newspaper Der Spiegel claimed on Thursday to know the details of the Premier League's three-year long investigation into Manchester City.

City were initially banned from European competitions for two years by UEFA in 2020 and fined £25million after a Der Spiegel report alleged that they were in breach of FFP rules, but the club successfully appealed to have the decision overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

A Premier League investigation into the financial dealings of the club, who are owned by Abu Dhabi-based Sheikh Mansour, has continued 'largely out of the public eye', according to Der Spiegel, and reportedly focuses on three primary allegations.

So the article that started off about UEFA ended about City.

Even Reuters Journalists aren't hiding their dislike of City. Or did the Daily United completely change the whole narrative of the article on purpose, after the initial UEFA story, and Reuters credit?
The investigation into inflated sponsorships should probably start at Chevrolet, whose sponsorship with an unnamed club was so inflated the bloke who agreed it was sacked the day after it was signed

I said it at the time and still think we made an awful mistake of the settlement with Liverpool over the hacking scandal of theirs. We agreed a laughable 1m fee received from them.

An FA spokesperson said: “The FA has carefully considered the evidence it received in this matter, including information provided by both clubs involved, and has decided not to progress the investigation.

“This is due to a number of factors, including the age of the alleged concerns and the settlement agreed by the two clubs involved."

We should have made a huge deal about it, create as much media chaos as we can, let the media chew on it for long months and keep rehashing it until the investigation are made on it and keep it on the main pages as much as we can.

instead of behind closed doors agree to a small fee kind of agreeing to keep this on a low level not making too much noise.

do you fucking believe if we hack their system they act the same way? they would have demanded deep investigation from FA-uefa-PL and throw us under the bus as much as they could instead of a friendly settlement with us admitting to no wrongdoing LOL.
I think we all know by now that City do the talking on the pitch, they don’t like to messiness of legal battles. I could be wrong, but I think City were prepared to take UEFA to court in 2014 as we thought we’d win the case, but decided not to save any sort of relation we had with UEFA. That’s were Khaldoon’s “we took the pinch” comments came from. I think it was took the pinch, can’t remember!

Just posted on BBC
The BBC can't even steal stories accurately. I don't think Der Spiegl is reporting on "inflated sponsorship deals." The allegations are about the original source of the money not the scale of any deal. Did we get money directly from Etihad (a state-owned company!) or directly from the UAE state itself? Our sponsorships have always been accepted as fair market value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.