Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The contents of the latest DS stuff may be old ground, not the problem, the problem for Manchester City is this has very cynically been dropped on practically the eve of our most important period of the season. Specifically on a Thursday, so Pep will face questions on the Friday no doubt. It's clear and designed to cause as much damage as possible.

How City go about addressing this I've no idea, but they will be concerned at how often this will continue to happen.

Fantastic post and my feelings exactly.
One selected action, plenty to choose from, to hammer someone for costs and damages would have a great effect 'pour encourager les autres' as we would no longer look an easy target.
Beheading would also put the shits up them but unfortunately no longer allowed.

One selected action, plenty to choose from, to hammer someone for costs and damages would have a great effect 'pour encourager les autres' as we would no longer look an easy target.
Beheading would also put the shits up them but unfortunately no longer allowed.
Some of that lot are so thick that I'm not sure beheading them would have any discernible effect on their output.

The contents of the latest DS stuff may be old ground, not the problem, the problem for Manchester City is this has very cynically been dropped on practically the eve of our most important period of the season. Specifically on a Thursday, so Pep will face questions on the Friday no doubt. It's clear and designed to cause as much damage as possible.

How City go about addressing this I've no idea, but they will be concerned at how often this will continue to happen.
It will continue until the Yanky owners behind a lot of this and their servants in the Neo-liberal so called MSM get us and a few others run out of town. This has gone way beyond internecine football rivalry and entered the realm of economic and political geopolitics methinks.

Time to circle the wagons yet again - as others have said you'd think there were 2 or 3 season defining games coming up, strange timing and all that.

As a fan I look at things that go on at my club closely - all I can see is we have a club that has done nothing other than positively effect the national game. It is such a compliment to what Pep especially has done to football in this country when you see teams in the lower divisions adopting our style of play. The media fail to see that it can only help our national team and instead, seem hell bent on discrediting our role in the improvement nationally.

I also look at clubs who have been taken over by foreign owners and find it interesting as I drive past Anfield, Old Trafford that there is only modest improvements in the communities - mostly just the stadiums themselves. I then recall driving to games when we first moved to East Manchester and compare that to the area now - our owners have invested both in the club and the area with staggering results. I am proud to be associated with a club that does that. Make no bones about it FSG and the Glaziers are all about making money for themselves.

I then consider who actually picks up on the Der S reports and the fact that the BBC put it front and centre on their webpage tells me there is an agenda to discredit us. This is not about football, not about finances it's personal. I then sit back and consider the BBC is an organisation that is not accountable, spends it's time influencing rather than reporting. It is an organisation that took the decision to sweep under the table the horrific crimes of one of it's own - crimes that were heinous and against 5-75 year old vulnerable souls - they refused to air a programme based on facts and forced their own reporter to go to their rival to air the documentary. Their apologies and reviews into their lack of actions were abhorrent. The BBC is not fit for purpose and the very fact that they publish these stories at the times they do tells me we as fans have nothing to worry about.

I'm not saying we are completely golden, all businesses conduct certain aspects close to the rules - for example signing young players is now driven by agents and parents looking for the best outcome for their lads and lasses - all clubs play by these rules and try to sweeten deals. Also I laugh when I see the likes of Barca tapping up our players - I accept it because it goes on but for these sort of clubs to stand there and slag us about how we conduct business is so rich I can't stomach it.

I am proud to be a fan of our great club, I am proud to be associated with our funny, sometimes irreverent fans. We are City and we are bloody magnificent. Now lets batter them on Sunday and quieten these immature voices. Have a great day fellow blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.