Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not particularly one for this 'all the media are against us' but WTAF is the 'More on Manchester City' bit here, and how & who exactly chooses the content? It's from the Sky Sports website and is the story on last nights shenanigans.

View attachment 40400
I think it was to counteract any sympathy towards City neutral fans were feeling after the match.

The Guardian podcast after Wednesday night is beyond belief

Atletico the good guys it seems

They'd more shots over the two legs they pointed out and were the better team on Wednesday night. Their players didn't do much wrong, Foden was a joke for rolling back onto the pitch, and they should have had 2 penalties

They'd more shots over the two legs they pointed out and were the better team on Wednesday night. Their players didn't do much wrong, Foden was a joke for rolling back onto the pitch, and they should have had 2 penalties

The Guardian. Says it all, I wouldn’t listen to a word that they say about City, they’re as biased towards us as I am to Utd.

Guardian never presents a fair view of anyone they feel morally offended by.

Bitter cunts then.

I'm not particularly one for this 'all the media are against us' but WTAF is the 'More on Manchester City' bit here, and how & who exactly chooses the content? It's from the Sky Sports website and is the story on last nights shenanigans.

View attachment 40400
I know nothing about algorithms.
I do know that if I were using one to attract further reading on any subject, I would want it to post the most popular/best read articles and also an attractive newer one (or two) on that subject.
This appears to me to be what is going on here.
Whether these things are still newsworthy is questionable. I, like most City fans, don't think they are but largely that is a moot point because their principal purpose is now to lure new readers rather than inform anybody.
All of this is frustrating and I get that it's the modern world but that doesn't mean it isn't tiresome shite too.
What's deeply concerning is that that prurient shit is what people want to read about when they think of the club.... at a time when the football has never been (and probably never will be) more sublime. Fans (myself included) are worn out from trying to defend this vicious cycle.
I feel like the club has abdicated its responsibility on this front. I wish it would explain its strategy (if there is one) or step up and bite back.

It’s the Guardian!

I know nothing about algorithms.
I do know that if I were using one to attract further reading on any subject, I would want it to post the most popular/best read articles and also an attractive newer one (or two) on that subject.
This appears to me to be what is going on here.
Whether these things are still newsworthy is questionable. I, like most City fans, don't think they are but largely that is a moot point because their principal purpose is now to lure new readers rather than inform anybody.
All of this is frustrating and I get that it's the modern world but that doesn't mean it isn't tiresome shite too.
What's deeply concerning is that that prurient shit is what people want to read about when they think of the club.... at a time when the football has never been (and probably never will be) more sublime. Fans (myself included) are worn out from trying to defend this vicious cycle.
I feel like the club has abdicated its responsibility on this front. I wish it would explain its strategy (if there is one) or step up and bite back.
Interesting shift in reporting this week in that City had blanket headline coverage thoughout the media after the AM game. Unheard of when playing away when Liverpool were playing at home on the same day in the same competition and going through.

Most significant was the universal praise for City and the positive reporting of the game and reactions. Much of the support was from neutrals. I do not think I have ever seen so many features on City after a game from so many angles throughout the media. Were there any negative comments from the Whats App group or other anti City factions?

It may prove to be a landmark shift.

It seems to be pretty much blanket condemnation of Athletico in the media over here (theirs's is the total opposite as you'd expect), The Grauniad really do have an issue with us, long may it remain so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.