Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good read that was. Chuck beer on the little rat **** every chance you get

I was going to write a long assessment, but you summarised it better than I could have.

Has Neville repeated all that nonsense, by the way? I think he probably realises that he made himself look like an idiot and won't say it again.

Interesting shift in reporting this week in that City had blanket headline coverage thoughout the media after the AM game. Unheard of when playing away when Liverpool were playing at home on the same day in the same competition and going through.

Most significant was the universal praise for City and the positive reporting of the game and reactions. Much of the support was from neutrals. I do not think I have ever seen so many features on City after a game from so many angles throughout the media. Were there any negative comments from the Whats App group or other anti City factions?

It may prove to be a landmark shift.
I also think a shift is happening. The reality is that City are more important commercially to the media these days and organisations are starting to realise that they can't ignore us without damaging their own revenues. I also think the fake "sportswashing" narrative has run its course. The truth is that Sheikh Mansour has made a financial fortune out of his ownership of Manchester City (CFG) and the penny is starting to drop with our enemies that he is in it for the money...just like all other owners. The only difference is he believes in investing in his business to make it even more valuable rather than taking short-term profits and putting nothing back in.

I also think a shift is happening. The reality is that City are more important commercially to the media these days and organisations are starting to realise that they can't ignore us without damaging their own revenues. I also think the fake "sportswashing" narrative has run its course. The truth is that Sheikh Mansour has made a financial fortune out of his ownership of Manchester City (CFG) and the penny is starting to drop with our enemies that he is in it for the money...just like all other owners. The only difference is he believes in investing in his business to make it even more valuable rather than taking short-term profits and putting nothing back in.
Can I double like that?

Years ago the UAE identified key sectors to move into to reduce oil dependancy. One was sport. Remember Khaldoon saying they had a 20 year plan for City? This may already be extended.

They were always looking to invest in growth and ultimately self sufficiency. With current oil revenues, the last thing they need is cash, unlike the Americans who mostly prioritise ROI often through leveraged debt with limited short term vision. CFG is changing football on and off the field.

Years ago the UAE identified key sectors to move into to reduce oil dependancy. One was sport. Remember Khaldoon saying they had a 20 year plan for City? This may already be extended.

They were always looking to invest in growth and ultimately self sufficiency. With current oil revenues, the last thing they need is cash, unlike the Americans who mostly prioritise ROI often through leveraged debt with limited short term vision. CFG is changing football on and off the field.
I think the US model is a very risky strategy long-term. Building up huge amounts of debt usually ends in tears at some point. The CFG model is very smart. Khaldoon has always said that he took many ideas from the way the Walt Disney Company operates. He sees sport as essentially entertainment for a global audience with a strong community ethos. The "sportswashing" narrative is fake. The idea was constructed by some human rights groups who use it as a comms message and lobbying tool. It's funny how many people have been taken in by it but as an argument it does not stand up to any scrutiny.

I think the US model is a very risky strategy long-term. Building up huge amounts of debt usually ends in tears at some point. The CFG model is very smart. Khaldoon has always said that he took many ideas from the way the Walt Disney Company operates. He sees sport as essentially entertainment for a global audience with a strong community ethos. The "sportswashing" narrative is fake. The idea was constructed by some human rights groups who use it as a comms message and lobbying tool. It's funny how many people have been taken in by it but as an argument it does not stand up to any scrutiny.
Are you saying we’re a Mickey Mouse club ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.