Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made a huge fuss when they had to handle containers. Sealed and locked containers that is.
In 2000 my wife and I moved back to NZ from Australia. Our household effects were packed into a container. on move in day a container was delivered to our new home, the seal broken by the removal guys and inside - it contained farm equipment !!!!!!!
Fortunately ships sail direct from Melbourne to Auckland before going on to the UK so the scousers hadn't stolen our possessions - some idiot misread the container number; the correct container arrived a few hours later.

In 2000 my wife and I moved back to NZ from Australia. Our household effects were packed into a container. on move in day a container was delivered to our new home, the seal broken by the removal guys and inside - it contained farm equipment !!!!!!!
Fortunately ships sail direct from Melbourne to Auckland before going on to the UK so the scousers hadn't stolen our possessions - some idiot misread the container number; the correct container arrived a few hours later.
All's well that ends well.

Here you go Bonzo, read the full wiki page when you get chance, Hedy Lamarr was a complex character but you wouldn’t want to be married to her.

“The Mel Brooks 1974 western parody Blazing Saddles features a villain named "Hedley Lamarr". As a running gag, various characters mistakenly refer to him as "Hedy Lamarr" prompting him to testily reply "That's Hedley."

Here you go Bonzo, read the full wiki page when you get chance, Hedy Lamarr was a complex character but you wouldn’t want to be married to her.

“The Mel Brooks 1974 western parody Blazing Saddles features a villain named "Hedley Lamarr". As a running gag, various characters mistakenly refer to him as "Hedy Lamarr" prompting him to testily reply "That's Hedley."
I mischievously threw in the name 'Heidi' into the comments about 'Hedly/Hedley'. Heidi was the main character in a BBC series of the same name in the 1950s and very different to the characters you mention. It seems that there have been several remakes of Heidi on film and TV which add more confusion than my original intention.
What's in a name?

My aunt was married to a Norwegian, a sailor who escaped the nazi invasion and came to England. After the war they moved to Oslo. They had a small cottage alongside Kragore fjord and my aunt thought it would be good to have a lamp post from Hulme which were being sold off as a Manchester momento. The crate duly arrived, but was found to contain a piece of military hardware. NATO received a lovely lamp, and my aunt a visit from the police.

My aunt was married to a Norwegian, a sailor who escaped the nazi invasion and came to England. After the war they moved to Oslo. They had a small cottage alongside Kragore fjord and my aunt thought it would be good to have a lamp post from Hulme which were being sold off as a Manchester momento. The crate duly arrived, but was found to contain a piece of military hardware. NATO received a lovely lamp, and my aunt a visit from the police.
Great story, my first job as a 16 was in the Accounts Office at an engineering company in Audenshaw (Glynwed on Corporation Road).

The company secured an order for an Incinerator from the MOD, it was about the size of a bus. It was to be used offsite in a rural location where some Government correspondence/paperwork would be destroyed. These bigwigs from the MOD arrived for the test, all Officious and very serious. Our Gaffer decided to do the demo himself so he fired up the Incinerator (think it was anthracite fuel). A huge roar as the machine started, after a few minutes the boss fed in a Daily Mirror, after about a minute the Newspaper should have arrived in the trash catcher as ashes, it actually arrived in the same state it went in, completed untouched by tbe process. The MOD people weren’t happy but all the staff were pissing themselves laughing, they finally sorted the problem but it was embarrassing for the gaffer and it was not mentioned again (well only a few hundred times).

Was playing my weekly padel game yesterday ( cross between tennis and squash) and there are quite a few on the courts, some I knew and some newcomers. Anyway playing on one court and the one next to us had players I’ve previously met just recently. One was a southern cockney red who’s wife is a blue. Soon has he spotted me he and another player I didn’t know were giving it large about the dipper game so just put my middle finger up to them then carried on playing. My fellow players on my court were shocked to see such awful behavior but brushed it off saying it’s a friendly gesture we’re i come from. :-)

Was playing my weekly padel game yesterday ( cross between tennis and squash) and there are quite a few on the courts, some I knew and some newcomers. Anyway playing on one court and the one next to us had players I’ve previously met just recently. One was a southern cockney red who’s wife is a blue. Soon has he spotted me he and another player I didn’t know were giving it large about the dipper game so just put my middle finger up to them then carried on playing. My fellow players on my court were shocked to see such awful behavior but brushed it off saying it’s a friendly gesture we’re i come from. :-)
My mate had a place near Villamartin and there’s loads of Cockney’s there with a fair few Dippers and Rags, not been for about 5 years but guess it’s still the same. Where do you live SB?

My mate had a place near Villamartin and there’s loads of Cockney’s there with a fair few Dippers and Rags, not been for about 5 years but guess it’s still the same. Where do you live SB?
Down la manga way. Went villamartin just before the Covid kicked in and it’s a shadow of its former self. Heavily built up around it now. Bit of an eyesore if the truth be known.

Down la manga way. Went villamartin just before the Covid kicked in and it’s a shadow of its former self. Heavily built up around it now. Bit of an eyesore if the truth be known.
Yep, not keen myself, everyone gravitates towards the Commercial Centre, I like a walk down a beach stopping for a brew, bite to eat or a beer.

Stayed and played golf at La Manga, expensive but good trip, I believe the Mar Menor is the healthiest place to live in Europe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.