Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok....here's another one...
View attachment 40723

That's impossible as in Legends canon, Indiana Jones once met Han Solo('s corpse). This meeting is how the dates from Star Wars were mapped onto the dates in real life. Star Wars dating system uses the Battle of Yavin, where Luke destroyed the Death Star in the original film as the 0 date with dates coming as Before Battle Yavin (BBY) and After Battle Yavin (ABY).

I'll let the world renowned expert of Star Wars chronology, Nathan P Butler explain:

In Star Wars Tales #19 (and later, reprinted, in the Star Wars Fan Club Special 2008), there is a
story called Into the Great Unknown. In the story, Han Solo and Chewbacca are aboard the
Millennium Falcon, when they are attacked by Imperials. They are forced to leap to hyperspace
blind and end up in our solar system, where they crash on Earth. Once there, Han is killed by
Native Americans and the mourning Chewbacca is believed to be a sasquatch (perhaps the
Sasquatch, AKA “Bigfoot”). Over a century later, the wreckage of the Falcon and Han’s remains
are found by the intrepid American archaeologist Indiana Jones.

We can infer a few dates from this, if we are so inclined. We can infer all of the following:

First, Han makes mention of America’s forest (probably in Humboldt County, California, or
somewhere close) as looking like Endor, which puts the story firmly after Han’s first encounter
with the forest moon in Return of the Jedi. Since the Empire seems to still be going after them,
we can also assume that the story is set before the events of Vision of the Future, when the treaty
with the Imperial Remnant is signed. Since Han also mentions that he always figured Chewie
would be killed saving Han or his kids, we have to conclude that the tale takes place sometime
between 9 (more likely 11) ABY and 19 ABY.

Second, the Indiana Jones portion of the tale, when he finds the wreckage, can also be dated. I
had once believed that it must take place somewhere around 1935, due to the fact that Short
Round, the little kid from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which takes place in 1935, is
with him in this story but not in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1936). However, reader Avery Goodman
pointed out two things to me: first, Indy refers to Atlantis technology, placing this story after
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis; and, second, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis has
been set as taking place in May 1939 by Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide. Thus, I am agreeing
with Avery in placing Into the Unknown in 1939.

Third, the story tells us that the Indy segment is 126 years after the Han and Chewie segment.
So, if we assume a date of 1939 for the Indiana Jones segment, then the Star Wars segment takes place in 1813. If we then split the difference of the date for the Star Wars segment to be 15 ABY (halfway between Empire’s End and Vision of the Future), then A New Hope must take place (using how similar Earth and Star Wars years are in length) around 1798.

I don't know why I know this but I'm willing to bet the information it replaced was probably of far greater importance. I read this about 15-20 years ago and this is literally the first time in my entire life that it has been even partially relevant to anything that anyone has ever said or wrote ever.

That's impossible as in Legends canon, Indiana Jones once met Han Solo('s corpse). This meeting is how the dates from Star Wars were mapped onto the dates in real life. Star Wars dating system uses the Battle of Yavin, where Luke destroyed the Death Star in the original film as the 0 date with dates coming as Before Battle Yavin (BBY) and After Battle Yavin (ABY).

I'll let the world renowned expert of Star Wars chronology, Nathan P Butler explain:

I don't know why I know this but I'm willing to bet the information it replaced was probably of far greater importance. I read this about 15-20 years ago and this is literally the first time in my entire life that it has been even partially relevant to anything that anyone has ever said or wrote ever.
Blimey... I have never heard anything about that before.
That is truly mind blowing!

Thought the trick/loaded questions were very evident at Peps press conference, questions on Haaland,what qualities could he bring I e what are we missing, then trying to set Pep up to drive a wedge with the fans saying the fans no nothing and they were having a pop.

when did ABU start?

Only '19 articles' about United's demise and the Liverpool v United Match on the Daily Mall website.

Only '19 articles' about United's demise and the Liverpool v United Match on the Daily Mall website.
On a more positive note you can't understimate how much damage is now being done commercially to MUFC with City and Liverpool ruling the roost. My part of Lancashire used to be dominated by plastic MUFC fans with every pub packed for their games with people proudly wearing their shirts. Nowadays Liverpool have taken over with many youngsters following City. This is happening across the world. It's a shame about the rise of LFC but surely we can console ourselves watching United in their death spiral.

On a more positive note you can't understimate how much damage is now being done commercially to MUFC with City and Liverpool ruling the roost. My part of Lancashire used to be dominated by plastic MUFC fans with every pub packed for their games with people proudly wearing their shirts. Nowadays Liverpool have taken over with many youngsters following City. This is happening across the world. It's a shame about the rise of LFC but surely we can console ourselves watching United in their death spiral.
Went in my local the other day to watch united early kick off.
The landlord is a red and has put united shit up on the walls and behind the bar.
2 years ago it would've been packed with shirt wearing plastics but on this day there were precisely 3 rags in, and none of them was interested in the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.