Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a work meeting today with some people down from Hull. The woman said she was originally from Moss Side via Burnage. As I showed them out, the guy mentioned he'd been to see the Stone Roses at the Etihad.

Quick as a flash I saide at least he'd been to the premier football stadium in Manchester. He replied yeah but shame about the team that played there! Turns out he's a plastic dipper. From Hull.

The woman however was a true blue of the Mancunian variety!
I hope you checked your vehicle afterwards ;)

Dipper and bricks…

Why is everyone slagging Trevor Sinclair off. He never has a bad word to say about City and in the area I live in he has a reputation for helping good causes and youth football. Perhaps he had some demons in the past so what. I know for a fact he turns out for lots of charity events. No one was slagging him when he was banging in goals for our team in Derby matches.
He used to enjoy a drink or 8,not sure if he still does....but it got him in unsavoury situations from time to time and he definitely behaved like a prick.

I now only have his radio contributions to go off,but as you say,he definitely appears to have got his act together and seemingly contributes plenty to charity/the community.

Why is everyone slagging Trevor Sinclair off. He never has a bad word to say about City and in the area I live in he has a reputation for helping good causes and youth football. Perhaps he had some demons in the past so what. I know for a fact he turns out for lots of charity events. No one was slagging him when he was banging in goals for our team in Derby matches.

Because everyone in the media gets slagged off on here eventually. Does not matter how big a blue you are, one slip of the tongue or expressing a personal opinion, not blue moon orthodoxy, and you’re immediately classed as selling out to appease the red masses.

Last edited:
Why is everyone slagging Trevor Sinclair off. He never has a bad word to say about City and in the area I live in he has a reputation for helping good causes and youth football. Perhaps he had some demons in the past so what. I know for a fact he turns out for lots of charity events. No one was slagging him when he was banging in a goal for our team in a Derby match
Edited

In the few media reports I can find about last nights win, it seems we were fortuitous, (their big word not mine) Deflections it seems don't count as real goals.
I would have thought that 11 players stood in their own penalty area increases the risk of a deflected goal and invites a player to shoot. They don't.
‘The majority of goals are deflected’

that was a quote from the commentator in the Liverpool v Utd game.

Nah, the first time they sold him..... didn't they. Off to check that interweb thingy.

Actually I'm just going to the pub so I will check it later.
On 3 July 2012, Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson confirmed that Pogba had left the club after not signing a new contract.[50] Ferguson stated that Pogba had signed for Italian club Juventus "a long time ago as far as we're aware." Ferguson also accused Pogba of disrespecting Manchester United, saying, "It is disappointing. I don't think he showed us any respect at all, to be honest. I'm quite happy that if they [footballers] carry on that way, they're probably better doing it away from us.

Chuckles at baconface sulking

I think every win from Teena Hag at the start of next season will be greeted with euphoria by the media, any defeats early on will be met with not his team yet and it takes time to turn a club round. By the end of the season the press will still be talking about the needing time and more transfer windows. Second season the same until after christmas when any win will be proclaimed as turning the corner. Sacked earlier into third season.

Or he could turn them into title challengers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.