Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down.

Nothing wrong with the article. He's sticking up for a City player.

We finally have a regular former City player in the media. Do I agree with everything he says? No. But that's allowed, it's not an assassination.

Think some of you want a City fanzine where former City players can only say 100% positive stuff about us.
The fans see a lot of good things in what Raheem does and a lot of positives in what he brings to City. We've all defended him when he's been the number one media target for daring to leave The Cult, the gun tattoo, buying his mum an expensive house, the racism of the Chelsea fans. What many of us criticise him for is his sub standard finishing and that's been very evident in the last 2 seasons. Paying fans (yes, those ones who don't get a free media pass) are entitled to voice their opinions - good and bad - without Michah having a dig at us.

If the article acccurately pointing out the way Sterling is treated by the fans is a "smear" on the fanbase, perhaps that says more about the fans?
That's not the point. The point is there are many topics that could be discussed to present the clubs and/or its fans in a good light the day of a big game: Jesus' form, SFs again, one win away from consecutive finals, 10 year road to trying to win it. Many more. Why this story now? And what do we think the stories will be tomorrow? Positive or negative?

That's not the point. The point is there are many topics that could be discussed to present the clubs and/or its fans in a good light the day of a big game: Jesus' form, SFs again, one win away from consecutive finals, 10 year road to trying to win it. Many more. Why this story now? And what do we think the stories will be tomorrow? Positive or negative?

There are many topics to be discussed and fans actively hating and wanting rid of a player who will go down as a club legend is a perfectly valid one.

Micah Richards has every right to discuss it, if it upsets you be upset at the fans who say stuff like “I won’t be happy until he’s out of the club” and the people who like it on here.

All. Players. All. Over. The. World. Get. Stick.

All of them. It's what football fans do. It's what football does to a fan.

Tell me, hand on heart, you have not berated any and every City player at some point.

At other clubs, footballers who will in all likelihood end up the clubs 4th highest goal scorer in history before turning 30 and leave as the most decorated player in the clubs history don’t get constant abuse actually, they’re usually revered and worshiped.

If you go to other clubs’ forums you won’t see players with 8 seasons of success getting 300 pages more posts than anyone else on their threads because users are tripping over themselves to say they want the player “fucked off”.

It’s not normal. It’s weird, weird enough that an acquaintance of Sterling and ex-City player picked up on it and thought it was worth writing about.

All players get slaughtered. Yet, we are the only fan base that gets called out on it, by our own fecking ambassador.
You really couldn't make this stuff up.
No we aren't. these kid of articles appear all the time. But you have Confirmation Bias because you only see the ones about our players.

Let it go. don't be so sensitive.

At other clubs, footballers who will in all likelihood end up the clubs 4th highest goal scorer in history before turning 30 and leave as the most decorated player in the clubs history don’t get constant abuse actually, they’re usually revered and worshiped.
They are revered, as sterling will be, but venting at any player happens, no matter who they are or what they have done.
It happens all the time in stadiums. You have done it yourself.

No we aren't. these kid of articles appear all the time. But you have Confirmation Bias because you only see the ones about our players.

Let it go. don't be so sensitive.
Articles by a club ambassador about the clubs fans? No, my friend, you certainly do not see them all the time.
In fact name another detrimental article written by a club employee about their own fans.

Articles by a club ambassador about the clubs fans? No, my friend, you certainly do not see them all the time.
In fact name another detrimental article written by a club employee about their own fans.
I'm not arsing myself to go and find an equivalent article mate. But I'm not remotely bothered about Micah's article because, whilst he's daft as a brush, he bangs the drum for the club all the time. He's regularly pictured in the Sky studio chanting "City! City!" at his rival pundits for god's sake. What more do you fucking want.

Let it go. The article is a run of the mill article about a player and every word he says is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.