Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many topics to be discussed and fans actively hating and wanting rid of a player who will go down as a club legend is a perfectly valid one.

Micah Richards has every right to discuss it.
I agree with you and the point Micah highlights in the article, that said it would have been far more appropriate at the end of the season. Right now the point 'halfcenturyup' makes carries more weight imo. I love Micah though I feel he is out of his depth as a main stream pundit. He hasn't attained the playing heights of many appearing with him and he responds gullibly to presenter's leading questions. He is more suited to a fan channel contributor atm, imo. I wonder who's idea it was to do this piece, on our fans and Raheem, now at such a crucial time for us. Would be surprised if he wasn't encouraged by others tbh.

Fucking daily mirror. Not sure what causes their shite to pop up on my phone, but every day there’s at least one big time pro dipper anti City story. Dippers clearly officially the new rags

He’s just like one of them weirdos who likes to stand and watch while some other fella nails his missus

We should send Ricky Hatton out to stare him down.
I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I'd have to take a gander at Ricky's Mrs before I agree to slam her.
There's always a chance Ricky may change his viewpoint halfway through. Being in that situation with an irate champion boxer, is it a risk worth taking that's proportional to his Mrs's pedigree?

I think what’s missing with Micah’s article is the biggest thing for me, why? Sterling isn’t getting pelters in the press. There’s not much noise around him lately and he’s made a story from absolutely nothing. We are quick to moan at negative articles in the build up to huge moments in our history and then an ex player, who is on the payroll throws a non story from nowhere. Just from what he’s overheard sitting in the stands (for free) I can’t say I’ve seen any other club ambassadors do this off their own back, to just bring negative attention and media to us during this period. Poor from Micah, every set of fans have players that frustrate them and if Sterling played anywhere else the same would happen: that’s because he can go from world class to indecisive in seconds.
I don’t want a biased city media where we can do no wrong. I just want a fair, impartial, neutral and balanced one. Won’t ever happen but surprises me how so many think this kind of article is ok.

All players get slaughtered. Yet, we are the only fan base that gets called out on it, by our own fecking ambassador.
You really couldn't make this stuff up.
Where in the ground was Micah sitting to hear all the criticism for Sterling ?
I would imagine he would be in area for the media, or at least an area that is not widely available for normal fans such as a top corporate area ?I
I agree most City fans don't want, or expect, a replica of the Liverpool media love-in/campaign that their ex-players advertise.
However, Micah is not doing our fanbase any favours here. He has an unbelievable amount of media work, in my opinion. His laughing, smiling personality is great and is a different to most other pundits. But, if he is not careful, he will become a caricature that is rolled-out as a token jolly jester.
Nedum is on a different level, with Michael Brown also being more of a "fair" and impartial pundit with a City background...

The same posters on here go mad when an ex-United or Liverpool player writes something sycophantic about their club, yet they expect Micah to do the same.

Nowt wrong with his article and he's right, Sterling has become a bit of a target for the boo-boys, a City tradition which goes back 50 years.

The flip side to that is (when he’s on the pitch) sterling’s name is chanted by the fans more than any other player.

The flip side to that is (when he’s on the pitch) sterling’s name is chanted by the fans more than any other player.
I agree with this.

Also - when was the last time you heard “Liverpool fans…” or “United fans…” and insert negative opinion about them.

Other than a specific incident like the United fans chanting at Anfield, you never get random BBC articles about how their player opinions are wrong.

the media are totally biased at every organisation.

There are many topics to be discussed and fans actively hating and wanting rid of a player who will go down as a club legend is a perfectly valid one.

Micah Richards has every right to discuss it, if it upsets you be upset at the fans who say stuff like “I won’t be happy until he’s out of the club” and the people who like it on here.

Naah, I am not upset at the content, can't see anything wrong with it, and I won't be upset at City fans expressing their opinions, even if I don't agree with them.

If I am upset at all, probably 2 on a scale of 10, it's with Richards. It's CL SF day, and he has let himself be used for a negative article. He seems a nice guy, if not the brightest, but he shouldn't let himself be a useful idiot for the media. Which ex-Liverpool player do you think will be rolled out tomorrow with a negative article about Liverpool? No-one? Yep.

Naah, I am not upset at the content, can't see anything wrong with it, and I won't be upset at City fans expressing their opinions, even if I don't agree with them.

If I am upset at all, probably 2 on a scale of 10, it's with Richards. It's CL SF day, and he has let himself be used for a negative article. He seems a nice guy, if not the brightest, but he shouldn't let himself be a useful idiot for the media. Which ex-Liverpool player do you think will be rolled out tomorrow with a negative article about Liverpool? No-one? Yep.

This whole, “poor stupid Micah not clever enough to come up with an article himself and letting himself get used by the media” absolutely reeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.