Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's too stupid to know what is tubthumping for the club and what is being manipulated as a covert dig at the club.

the article clearly smears the fanbase, yet again.

calming down is not something i tend to do when the thing i love is being constantly lambasted.
But he's not wrong about the stick Sterling gets, is he?

That said, Micah has done exactly the same himself in regards to Mahrez.

"Of course I understand why he frustrates fans when he scores the hard goals but misses the easy chances. I feel that way when I watch Riyad Mahrez, even though he is City's top scorer in all competitions this season with 23 goals.

But I don't find Mahrez frustrating because I feel he lacks quality, I just think he's got even more to offer.

He will do something ridiculous like bring the ball down with an immaculate first touch, go past three players… and then waste it all by trying to do too much in front of goal, and the opportunity is gone."

The same posters on here go mad when an ex-United or Liverpool player writes something sycophantic about their club, yet they expect Micah to do the same.

Nowt wrong with his article and he's right, Sterling has become a bit of a target for the boo-boys, a City tradition which goes back 50 years.

Perfectly normal human behaviour.

Don't remember seeing too many articles about other teams' players not being appreciated by the fans, though, especially the day of a big game. May be wrong, I don't pay that much attention to the press.

But he's not wrong about the stick Sterling gets, is he?

That said, Micah has done exactly the same himself in regards to Mahrez.

"Of course I understand why he frustrates fans when he scores the hard goals but misses the easy chances. I feel that way when I watch Riyad Mahrez, even though he is City's top scorer in all competitions this season with 23 goals.

But I don't find Mahrez frustrating because I feel he lacks quality, I just think he's got even more to offer.

He will do something ridiculous like bring the ball down with an immaculate first touch, go past three players… and then waste it all by trying to do too much in front of goal, and the opportunity is gone."
All footballers get stick. All of them, no matter who, no matter which team. It comes with the territory.
To highlight City fans giving a player stick is so idiotic, and to come from Micah. All he is doing is solidifying and supporting journos and rival fans bullshit opinion of our fan base.
I have lost it with Micah, now. This is the final straw with him.

I don't see what's wrong with the article.
All he had to do was read the Raheem thread on here for his research.
The lad get's slaughtered by a lot of people every time he steps on the pitch!
All players get slaughtered. Yet, we are the only fan base that gets called out on it, by our own fecking ambassador.
You really couldn't make this stuff up.

The same posters on here go mad when an ex-United or Liverpool player writes something sycophantic about their club, yet they expect Micah to do the same.

Nowt wrong with his article and he's right, Sterling has become a bit of a target for the boo-boys, a City tradition which goes back 50 years.
The issue I have is one of timing. On the eve of a Chumps League Semifinal it’s not the content I would have hoped for from a club ambassador. Surely there are enough angles to be taken from tonight’s encounter for a more topical piece! Perhaps, he could have saved this one for another day? Or am I being naive? Or is Micah being played by the media?

On the day/night City play Real Madrid in the semi-final of the Champions League, this is the current headline article on the Daily United sports web page.

45669-E1-D-704-E-42-C9-828-A-66-AFFD8-AB32-B.jpg

If the article acccurately pointing out the way Sterling is treated by the fans is a "smear" on the fanbase, perhaps that says more about the fans?
All. Players. All. Over. The. World. Get. Stick.

All of them. It's what football fans do. It's what football does to a fan.

Tell me, hand on heart, you have not berated any and every City player at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.