Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool football headline on BBC Sport proclaiming that they have to play twice in last week. But in the small print down in the article it mentions that we play three times. Not sure what the point of this article is?
Feel sorry for Liverpool, while ignoring that City have it worse, with a smaller squad?

The problem with the media from us Blues is that we still want to believe that they should be stating fact or creating debate, whereas the reality is that they are only their to get clicks which convert to revenue.

Even more, if there’s nothing that they can be critical of, the clickbait artists, knowing they won’t get much traffic, have decided that they will just ignore the premier most team in the premier most league.

If ever you want an idea why some City fans feel the way they do, there are twelve headline articles about Liverpool in today's Daily Mail and one City story. The 12 Liverpool stories are all effusive in their praise while the City article is about the perceived failure of Jack Grealish's move. These are the top two clubs in the league and both have won their first CL semi legs.

The bbc continue to compare City and Liverpool as "two of the modern era's great sides" despite the fact that, until this season, one of those had won 2 trophies in their managers 6 years. Never have I heard a team so widely lauded as this that has finished 4th, 4th, 2nd,1st & 3rd in its own league the last 5 years compared to a team that finished 3rd, 1st, 1st, 2nd & 1st.

On the garbage article today on the bbc:

"Liverpool were cool while City were gloriously chaotic, a flawed beauty, ignoring the option of containment to keep pouring forward - and it is these two differing styles that make their rivalry so glorious."

Might have been worth mentioning that one team was playing Benzema, Modric and Vini Jnr whilst the other was playing Yellow Stoke.

That fucking little shit mike on the bbc couldn't say 4 trophies enough times whilst almost bouncing with glee sat on the sofa with his feet dangling over the edge.

We've got to stop this, I have little faith in Chelsea.

If ever you want an idea why some City fans feel the way they do, there are twelve headline articles about Liverpool in today's Daily Mail and one City story. The 12 Liverpool stories are all effusive in their praise while the City article is about the perceived failure of Jack Grealish's move. These are the top two clubs in the league and both have won their first CL semi legs.
They can praise them all they want but last night's game was nothing more than one expensively built team physically over powering a weaker opponent. Have any of them compared it with our game because I know I was so bored that I switched off the Liverpool game at half time.

Liverpool football headline on BBC Sport proclaiming that they have to play twice in last week. But in the small print down in the article it mentions that we play three times. Not sure what the point of this article is?

It doesn't though.
It comments that City play 3 times 4-11 May because that's where the Wolves game has been rearranged to - it's just not the last week.
Liverpool play 3 times 3-10 May, which is the same, but was already set in place.

It's an attempt to create a meaning out of the announcement of the rearrangements, but the wording is so banal as to not matter. The only effect is that City's 37th game is 2 days before Liverpool's 37th game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.