Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel sorry for Liverpool, while ignoring that City have it worse, with a smaller squad?
Smaller squad? We've got the biggest squad in world football, let alone the PL. If we have any injuries we can of course just buy some new players for the run in. No idea where you get your ideas, but mine are all off Twitter.

I think once you view the media in it's reality they bother you less, that reality is this (imo):

- It is permeated by ex-Liverpool players & journalists who grew up supporting them, ditto United on a slightly smaller scale.
- It is driven by click revenue, there are more United & Liverpool fans than any other clubs, therefore the media on the whole pander to their support bases as it generates more clicks, & in turn more £.

It's a shitter from our perspective (& anyone else who competes with them barring probably possibly Arsenal) but them the breaks as far as I can assess.

Sofa score UEFA semi finals team of the week includes Mahrez, KDB and 'Gabriel'. All others are not from Real or Villareal.
Guess which team the remaining 8 are from? Not even the Real Madrid players can displace the skill-less Hendo with the own goal he claimed.

Reading this and other threads I think its a shame that we have to some degree allowed our enjoyment of the team and its football to be polluted by the media. For instance, I often see comments that the reason people want the CL is to get the monkey off our back and stop the media using it as a stick to beat us with; rather than just looking forward to the enjoyment of playing and beating the best Europe has to offer.

If we win the CL, they will simply turn to something else to beat us with and that will remain the case until such time as positively spun clickbait about us becomes more profitable than negatively spun clickbait. If we continue to be successful that may eventually happen but who knows the future?

So yes a significant proportion of the media are blatantly biased arseholes who are stealing a living but much better to focus on the still somewhat astounding fact that out of all the hundreds of millions of football fans on the face of the earth we are the ones that, when the team brings their A game, are privileged to watch the best football team on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.