Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with the forced outrage about banal stuff, how about Henry Winter on Radio 4 sport, positively oozing about Liverpool's match v Villareal? I've emailed the Today prog:

"Quality of the Liverpool bench, the mentality blah blah." Then Gary asked, sounding amazed at the gushing, "Is there a weakness?" and Winter said, "There will be weaknesses. If they come up against Real Madrid later on..." It was left to Gary to say "You said if they play Manchester City...." (when he hadn't) and from City's performance v Real Madrid all he could mention was Benzema's penalty. I'm not the sort of City fan who sees media conspiracy everywhere, but if Mr Winter is in the green room, tell him he's been sussed.

It doesn't though.
It comments that City play 3 times 4-11 May because that's where the Wolves game has been rearranged to - it's just not the last week.
Liverpool play 3 times 3-10 May, which is the same, but was already set in place.

It's an attempt to create a meaning out of the announcement of the rearrangements, but the wording is so banal as to not matter. The only effect is that City's 37th game is 2 days before Liverpool's 37th game.
I just didn't see the point of the headline or article.

BBC:
Much as City found out last night with Real Madrid, the Spanish side has some serious backbone.

(didn't we stick 4 past the cunts?)
Seems Real have joined the rags 'n' dippers as Favourite Favoured Teams.
A pity the British media are spinally-challenged themselves desperately trying to find something anything to demean us and big up our opponents.

That fucking little shit mike on the bbc couldn't say 4 trophies enough times whilst almost bouncing with glee sat on the sofa with his feet dangling over the edge.

We've got to stop this, I have little faith in Chelsea.
He seemed to forget that we even exist and if we keep winning Liverpool are fucked. I don't have much faith in Chelsea either but fingers crossed and the wonderful dippers just have a League Cup to show for their assisted efforts.

BBC:
Much as City found out last night with Real Madrid, the Spanish side has some serious backbone.

(didn't we stick 4 past the cunts?)
Most times with Pep we went out of Europe largely because we leaked goals. The last couple of seasons that seemed to have been rectified until the other night.
If we had been outplayed to the degree Madrid were the other night but still scored three we would be over the moon and full of confidence for round 2.What should have been a rout turned into a close contest which leaves our chances of playing the dippers in the final hanging in the balance. The dippers are nearly home and hosed because they kept a clean sheet. A solid defence is usually what wins CL.

He seemed to forget that we even exist and if we keep winning Liverpool are fucked. I don't have much faith in Chelsea either but fingers crossed and the wonderful dippers just have a League Cup to show for their assisted efforts.
Chelsea have every chance of beating them.They were a tad unlucky in the League Cup.
If we hold our nerve we will win the league at this stage would not be that hopeful about winning CL but maybe after next week I might feel a bit more confident.

Are Villarreal now 1970s Brazil? They are 7th in La Liga by looks of it, whilst we put 4 past a team that’s walking away with the league in Spain. The media do love to blow smoke up their beloved dipper arses, Liverpool need to pray Madrid play like lions next week, they know they were clinging on for dear life when they played us in the league and nearly shit the bed with a three goal lead when they faced our second string at Wembley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.