Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchester City’s Owner Helps Usher More Russian Tycoons to UAE​

Really not what we needed right now.
Interesting read, would seem though that Sheikh Mansour is welcoming Russian investments as per his governmental role? Clear as to why some Russians are trying to protect their cash though. The article does not state anywhere he is dealing with sanctioned individuals so not really sure what the issue is here?

The UAE are following their own path with foreign relations East and West & aren’t going to have their foreign policy dictated by Washington, especially given their lukewarmness in backing up the Emiratis after the Houthi Rebels fired missiles at Abu Dhabi. It’s a two way street.

Mubadala however, have clearly signalled they won’t be investing in Russia itself whilst the war is ongoing so I imagine that has gone some way to pleasing the West, I’d expect once there is some sort of cease fire in the Russo-Ukrainian conflict articles like this will become a thing of the past. Shit, but it’s the way of the world.

Watching the rags v chavs and got to say sky are brilliant tonight highlighting the obvious that old toilet is not very full. neville has been asked a couple of times by tylor that the stadium is filling up a little bit, yes says rat boy just a little. Feel sorry for the rags to be fair. My Arse

From BBC. Didnt realise womens team played and lost tonight ( they didnt btw, we have a game in hand as played 19 only). Awful but typical error by BBC

FT: Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham
The title race remains in Chelsea's hands.
Two more wins will do it.

E0029321-B357-4791-B335-32E62DC8FB05.jpeg

Not a good look but in my layman's opinion:

A) It says Russian tycoons' money, not Russian state money.
B) None of those tycoons will be on the sanctioned parties list by the sounds of it.
C) Money going out of Russia is less relevant in terms of the Ukraine conflict, than money going into Russia.

So is it really big news/worthy of using as a stick to bash Manchester City with? Not that it will stop them either way IMO but we'll see.

Interesting read, would seem though that Sheikh Mansour is welcoming Russian investments as per his governmental role? Clear as to why some Russians are trying to protect their cash though. The article does not state anywhere he is dealing with sanctioned individuals so not really sure what the issue is here?

The UAE are following their own path with foreign relations East and West & aren’t going to have their foreign policy dictated by Washington, especially given their lukewarmness in backing up the Emiratis after the Houthi Rebels fired missiles at Abu Dhabi. It’s a two way street.

Mubadala however, have clearly signalled they won’t be investing in Russia itself whilst the war is ongoing so I imagine that has gone some way to pleasing the West, I’d expect once there is some sort of cease fire in the Russo-Ukrainian conflict articles like this will become a thing of the past. Shit, but it’s the way of the world.
As City fans well know Sheikh Mansour is in it for the money just like all other tycoons. This blows a hole in the fake sportswashing narrative. You can’t have it both ways.

From BBC "Klopp is now the next manager likely to build a dynasty at a club in the manner of Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and Arsene Wenger at Arsenal."

Now I'm not saying that potentially 4 Premier leagues in 5 years along with 4 league cups in 5 years as well as 1 facup and possibly back to back champions league finals is a dynasty... Oh wait, yes I fucking am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.