Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchester City’s Owner Helps Usher More Russian Tycoons to UAE​

Really not what we needed right now.

Not a good look but in my layman's opinion:

A) It says Russian tycoons' money, not Russian state money.
B) None of those tycoons will be on the sanctioned parties list by the sounds of it.
C) Money going out of Russia is less relevant in terms of the Ukraine conflict, than money going into Russia.

So is it really big news/worthy of using as a stick to bash Manchester City with? Not that it will stop them either way IMO but we'll see.
It’s just a nonsense article, rich Russians buying property in gulf state, it will take decades for them to catch up with the amount of money there from Russians as is still floating around in every large bank/financial/property institutions as London has.

It then goes on to quote unnamed sources requesting anonymity/had knowledge of/people said, for their information and bizarrely ends with an actual named quote from someone who served in the Trump administration, fûck me, anyone connected with that cûnt can be disregarded as a fûcking crank!

Even when Khaldoon stated Mubadala wouldn’t invest in Russia given the situation, the article states this was a commercial decision and not a political one ‘according to a person familiar with the matter’, again no name.

Mentions more Russian tourists to UAE this year than last, well that would be the same the world over due to COVID, and as the article states below pre pandemic levels.

As for all this supporting sanctions since the war in Ukraine, still hundreds of billions (if not more) floating around in London connected to Russia, still Russians owning/major investors in media in this country, still a billion + dollars a day being given by Germany and other European countries being handed over to Russia for gas helping fund the cûnt Putins war.

Still the same government in power in this country after a chemical weapon used in Salisbury (not the first such attack in this country by Russia) where we called a Putin a naughty boy and leading government figures then and later continued to bend over backwards encouraging some of his closest friends and supporters in moving themselves and their money to London.
Chemical weapons used by Russia in Syria, we upped our rhetoric to calling Putin a very mighty boy, whilst our current government and its current leader still met with very rich Russians for dinner and canapés.

But what do we see being reported, oh yeah, Sheikh Mansour owner of Manchester City (thought we were state owned) and the UAE are letting and encouraging rich Russians to invest and live there! Well the absolute rascals, how fucking dare they, that money belongs in this country!

The state of the media sinks ever lower and nonsense articles which are really nothing more than click bait with certain words to trigger the masses looking for connections such as City, Sheikh Mansour and Russia in them, so the fuckwit masses looking for such articles can display outrage that really doesn’t exist grows ever more.

That's fair comment. I didn't particularly like when they were doing that every press conference because I thought it might affect the players' focus. I suppose we are seeing it from the other side of that now. Now we know exactly why the Liverpool fans and United fans were doing all they could to downplay what it would mean... They must have been petrified of the prospect. Yet they blagged that they didn't care... "it would mean nothing" etc What a front that was, they were rattled as can be.
Extremely fair assessment there. Well said.

Stop listening to Talksport and save yourself the prescription charge
a) I don't listen to Talkshite - I only read about it on here - that's quite enough.
b) At 72, and my medical problems, I haven't paid for them for years (currently 9 tablets in a morning and 6 at night + insulin + EPO injections). How else do you think I can afford my seasoncard?
But thanks for the advice.

;-)

It’s just a nonsense article, rich Russians buying property in gulf state, it will take decades for them to catch up with the amount of money there from Russians as is still floating around in every large bank/financial/property institutions as London has.

It then goes on to quote unnamed sources requesting anonymity/had knowledge of/people said, for their information and bizarrely ends with an actual named quote from someone who served in the Trump administration, fûck me, anyone connected with that cûnt can be disregarded as a fûcking crank!

Even when Khaldoon stated Mubadala wouldn’t invest in Russia given the situation, the article states this was a commercial decision and not a political one ‘according to a person familiar with the matter’, again no name.

Mentions more Russian tourists to UAE this year than last, well that would be the same the world over due to COVID, and as the article states below pre pandemic levels.

As for all this supporting sanctions since the war in Ukraine, still hundreds of billions (if not more) floating around in London connected to Russia, still Russians owning/major investors in media in this country, still a billion + dollars a day being given by Germany and other European countries being handed over to Russia for gas helping fund the cûnt Putins war.

Still the same government in power in this country after a chemical weapon used in Salisbury (not the first such attack in this country by Russia) where we called a Putin a naughty boy and leading government figures then and later continued to bend over backwards encouraging some of his closest friends and supporters in moving themselves and their money to London.
Chemical weapons used by Russia in Syria, we upped our rhetoric to calling Putin a very mighty boy, whilst our current government and its current leader still met with very rich Russians for dinner and canapés.

But what do we see being reported, oh yeah, Sheikh Mansour owner of Manchester City (thought we were state owned) and the UAE are letting and encouraging rich Russians to invest and live there! Well the absolute rascals, how fucking dare they, that money belongs in this country!

The state of the media sinks ever lower and nonsense articles which are really nothing more than click bait with certain words to trigger the masses looking for connections such as City, Sheikh Mansour and Russia in them, so the fuckwit masses looking for such articles can display outrage that really doesn’t exist grows ever more.
I don't suppose that the billions being paid directly to Russia by Germany, Italy and other EU states for their gas got a mention.

First time I'd watched the itv early evening news yesterday. It used to have old school values, journalistic heavyweights, now it's just soundbites and fluff.

The kraut Stonehenge's contract extension was announced as if the entire country were in thrall to the scruffs. Then a heartwarming story about a young kid overcoming a medical condition, 2 spurs youth players had a kickabout with him. Great stuff but national news, really?

Saw breakfast were trailing an interview with camelgob. I couldn't wait to start work!

From BBC "Klopp is now the next manager likely to build a dynasty at a club in the manner of Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and Arsene Wenger at Arsenal."

Now I'm not saying that potentially 4 Premier leagues in 5 years along with 4 league cups in 5 years as well as 1 facup and possibly back to back champions league finals is a dynasty... Oh wait, yes I fucking am.
And even if Pep hasn't yet built a dynasty, he's a lot closer than Klopp to being the next one.

a) I don't listen to Talkshite - I only read about it on here - that's quite enough.
b) At 72, and my medical problems, I haven't paid for them for years (currently 9 tablets in a morning and 6 at night + insulin + EPO injections). How else do you think I can afford my seasoncard?
But thanks for the advice.

;-)
Sorry, i didn't have your medical records to hand when i posted, but thanks for letting me know
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.