Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester(United)evening news running an article by Rooney claiming our 3-2 win v QPR was questionable and should be looked into.

Hope our lawyers are all over this.

Its so laughable, esp given what the Rags have had inc that season with dodgy penalties galore, Oliver bottling a Fulham penalty v them, Young diving v Villa for a penalty and sending off etc etc etc. Nice to know he is hurting still from that day 10 years on
I always found QPR's tip off to be really weird. They were losing 3-2 and they literally lashed the ball out of play like an out halve in rugby. I can't remember the results of the other games they were relying on, maybe there is something in that but even still it just looked really strange. If they had rolled it back to the centre back for a hoof that would have been the most nervous headed clearance in the history of football.

whoscored have shots as 44-3 for that match:

The differences are that the 44 requires the blocked shots to be counted, and they aren't usually, so yes, it's a massaged number. I hadn't connected it with anything else.

On target: 15-3
Off target: 10-0
Blocked: 19-0
What fat face has forgotten is that the difference between the two sides at the end of season was EXACTLY the scale of the Sick Swan victory at the Swamp.
Knock 4 goals off City's GF total and 4 goals off United's GA total and the goal difference, goals scored and goals against are identical - that would have led to a play off.
So much for Ferguson's claim about one match not mattering in the great scheme of things as the season run in began. It is EXACYLY what separated us at the end of the season!

Last edited:
I always found QPR's tip off to be really weird. They were losing 3-2 and they literally lashed the ball out of play like an out halve in rugby. I can't remember the results of the other games they were relying on, maybe there is something in that but even still it just looked really strange. If they had rolled it back to the centre back for a hoof that would have been the most nervous headed clearance in the history of football.
Bolton's result had come in and QPR were safe IIRC

Ah, another big game coming up, must be time for sections of the media to start talking about FFP investigations again. So predictable.

Ah, another big game coming up, must be time for sections of the media to start talking about FFP investigations again. So predictable.

Well, if it's in the football transfer tavern (no, I haven't either) then it must be true. When you've got a big story to break this is the only media outlet worthy enough.

There's an intellectual dishonesty in that piece like a lot of similar stories.

Our "supposed" revenue is just our revenue.

And to state that we overturned a ban because the allegations were time barred without mentioning that there were a number of allegations that weren't time barred makes this piece more PR than journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.