Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, fucking annoying comments by Pep. Was buzzing about last night 'til I read 'em this morning.

As I've seen someone mention on Twitter, do you think he might have been referring to the atmosphere rather than the attendance? The attendance was really good all things considered, so seems strange he would mention this. I think it might just be down to his English maybe. Plus, he does mention the team will be tired so we will need "more vocal" support.

"City" fan on TS just got the chance to defend us and comes up with we are loyal fans but not like the Dippers who treat their club like life and death. Said Rags are 35.% tourists but Dippers are "hard core", wtf, their Ed more tourists at Dipperville than Scousers. He put up such a weak argument I doubt he's even a City fan. Still can't believe there was only 38k there last night.

Just listening to radio 4 and an interview with Jaqueline Wilson, she has rewrote the railway children, she was wittering on about the kids stopping the train crash by waving a red petticoat, she states kids don't wear petticoats nowadays, foolishly I thought yeah they'd be waving a red hoodie but no, the character is now a rag fan and is handily wearing a rag home shirt to wave at the driver.

Fucking unbelievable stuff.
Yes, I heard it too. I switched the radio off in disgust right away. And apparently one of the children is called "Becks".
The author says she wants to make it relevant and exciting to today's children.
Appealing therefore to those with unformed (and uninformed) opinions. I expect the rags are the only team Wilson has heard of, owing to the massive publicity they get.

Yes, I heard it too. I switched the radio off in disgust right away. And apparently one of the children is called "Becks".
The author says she wants to make it relevant and exciting to today's children.
Appealing therefore to those with unformed (and uninformed) opinions. I expect the rags are the only team Wilson has heard of, owing to the massive publicity they get.
A little research would have told her that waving a rags shirt round deep in Leeds territory is the quick route to the grave. At least the unfortunate child would look like they had been hit by a train so that is accurate.
A character in EastEnders years ago appeared in United top and claimed to be from Bolton must have gone down a storm in the King Billy on Manchester Rd. Ignorance of a football rivalry going back to 1958. What do you expect from Bullshit Broadcasting Company.

As I've seen someone mention on Twitter, do you think he might have been referring to the atmosphere rather than the attendance? The attendance was really good all things considered, so seems strange he would mention this. I think it might just be down to his English maybe. Plus, he does mention the team will be tired so we will need "more vocal" support.
I agree. Watching on tv was wondering if the crowd mics were off. Plenty of people there but sounded more like quiet observers than noisy supporters. Pep said this before and the context was he wanted more noise.

Hope it was that but he's had a pop before after the Fulham Cup game when 40k wasn't that bad a turn out. Just gives fuel to the haters out there. I like Pep and his football (be mad not to)but he doesn't half piss me off sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.