Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was slowly getting pissed last night but at some point in the game our lot were singing " it should have been 10, fuck off back to London"
But the "fuck" was very low.
Now I don't believe our fans deliberately lowered their collective voices for fear of upsetting someone.
They turned the mikes down. They know the songs and they obviously have someone on the 'dump' button.
I thought the crowd were subdued until that point.

Oh and while I'm at it.

News on radio on Sunday.

Liverpool play later and if they win will go into the top 3 with leaders???? Man United and second place Chelsea...

On the same points!!!

But when they (f c scum) keep up with us they are joint top!

I fucking enjoyed last night and the night before!!

Hope it was that but he's had a pop before after the Fulham Cup game when 40k wasn't that bad a turn out. Just gives fuel to the haters out there. I like Pep and his football (be mad not to)but he doesn't half piss me off sometimes.
Sad that a manager should be criticised for daring to ask our supporters for their support. Sad that our supporters should be so sensitive about The Sun mocking us or giving fuel to haters that they take offence at Pep making "A rallying cry from Pep Guardiola".

Yep, fucking annoying comments by Pep. Was buzzing about last night 'til I read 'em this morning.

Same here. Had a great night, thought the atmosphere was decent in 211. Woke up to the usual media piss-taking and some very out of touch comments from Pep. Why fucking bother?

It's very hard to "Turn up" when over the last few decades football fans have been told to sit down and shut up, you create a safe space and you want a rip roaring tide of tribal noise.

It isn't going to happen.

Pep seems to be out of touch, it was a midweek match and it's bloody expensive specially for the out of town blues, put the ticketing fiasco and transport situation on that and you have a perfect storm.

He's speaking from a position of privilege, he doesn't get us. I support Manchester City not the players or the manager or the owners(I'm not saying that I dislike the people who work for the club that's different), the fans who make the club.
Not Pep's fault fans were told to sit down. Fans were never told to "shut up" they are doing that by their own choice.
"He's speaking from a position of privilege, he doesn't get us." "Pep seems to be out of touch" sounds like a post from the Daily Fail. He's speaking from a position of being in the presence of K38 + supporters who at times made less noise than 3,800, would you prefer if he was the only manager in the world not wanting more/louder support for the team.

Not Pep's fault fans were told to sit down. Fans were never told to "shut up" they are doing that by their own choice.
"He's speaking from a position of privilege, he doesn't get us." "Pep seems to be out of touch" sounds like a post from the Daily Fail. He's speaking from a position of being in the presence of K38 + supporters who at times made less noise than 3,800, would you prefer if he was the only manager in the world not wanting more/louder support for the team.

How do you work out how to shoehorn the Daily Mail into my post? Give yourself a wobble pal.

I was slowly getting pissed last night but at some point in the game our lot were singing " it should have been 10, fuck off back to London"
But the "fuck" was very low.

Now I don't believe our fans deliberately lowered their collective voices for fear of upsetting someone.
They turned the mikes down. They know the songs and they obviously have someone on the 'dump' button.
I thought the crowd were subdued until that point.

Oh and while I'm at it.

News on radio on Sunday.

Liverpool play later and if they win will go into the top 3 with leaders???? Man United and second place Chelsea...

On the same points!!!

But when they (f c scum) keep up with us they are joint top!

I fucking enjoyed last night and the night before!!
I thought it was just my hearing at first but given you've highlighted it too I guess not, but BT were at it all night turning the volume up and down, played fuckin havoc with my ear trumpet !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.