Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Watching on tv was wondering if the crowd mics were off. Plenty of people there but sounded more like quiet observers than noisy supporters. Pep said this before and the context was he wanted more noise.

game was noisy in parts.

been to worse games with no sound from the crowd

I replied earlier to this and now I have seen the video as last night I didn't after getting home from the game. My view has not changed that blues are being suckered by the media because of attendances as that is the only thing they can do to have a dig. Personally I interpreted Peps words as a rallying call not a condemnation of last nights crowd. I really think if you took offence at his words last night you have certainly interpreted his words different to me. Pep would never knowingly criticise supporters and he didn't last night. My advice to blues is don't fall into the media trap, they are hurting and you can read and see this in the ridiculous match reports and red propaganda they churn out.

PS. The railway children is an outdated story of no interest to todays kids and would not regain its popularity if they cast the "class of 92" as the children, train driver and every other outdated stereotype of English person in the original. Not sure where they would cast the pisscan though;-)

I replied earlier to this and now I have seen the video as last night I didn't after getting home from the game. My view has not changed that blues are being suckered by the media because of attendances as that is the only thing they can do to have a dig. Personally I interpreted Peps words as a rallying call not a condemnation of last nights crowd. I really think if you took offence at his words last night you have certainly interpreted his words different to me. Pep would never knowingly criticise supporters and he didn't last night. My advice to blues is don't fall into the media trap, they are hurting and you can read and see this in the ridiculous match reports and red propaganda they churn out.

PS. The railway children is an outdated story of no interest to todays kids and would not regain its popularity if they cast the "class of 92" as the children, train driver and every other outdated stereotype of English person in the original. Not sure where they would cast the pisscan though;-)
Spot on no offence was intended don't be fooled by the rag media.

As I've seen someone mention on Twitter, do you think he might have been referring to the atmosphere rather than the attendance? The attendance was really good all things considered, so seems strange he would mention this. I think it might just be down to his English maybe. Plus, he does mention the team will be tired so we will need "more vocal" support.
You won't last long with sensible posts like that mate!!!

The pissed up old fart waving at young children?

As I've seen someone mention on Twitter, do you think he might have been referring to the atmosphere rather than the attendance? The attendance was really good all things considered, so seems strange he would mention this. I think it might just be down to his English maybe. Plus, he does mention the team will be tired so we will need "more vocal" support.
I think having 3000 Leipzig fans under normal conditions would have also helped.

It's very hard to "Turn up" when over the last few decades football fans have been told to sit down and shut up, you create a safe space and you want a rip roaring tide of tribal noise.

It isn't going to happen.

Pep seems to be out of touch, it was a midweek match and it's bloody expensive specially for the out of town blues, put the ticketing fiasco and transport situation on that and you have a perfect storm.

He's speaking from a position of privilege, he doesn't get us. I support Manchester City not the players or the manager or the owners(I'm not saying that I dislike the people who work for the club that's different), the fans who make the club.

Agree mate, it's classic divide and conquer tactics we need to stick together.

I agree and took exactly the same message. I think he wants the players to hear the crowd's support, to lift them and not sit silently waiting for something to happen. All sorts of critics of him on here moaning of how their pride is hurt by some clown in The Sun, comments like "he doesn't get us", "he's naive", what a shock, manager asks supporters to support. A man that has stood up for our club in many outspoken ways now taking heat for asking our supporters to let our team hear their support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.