Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker should shut up IMO.

Most of this has probably already been said but I'll say it anyway.

Pep put his foot in his mouth from PR point of view but his intentions were good. He wants the team to be pushed to their limits and the atmosphere is part of that. The best chance of having a great atmosphere is a full stadium.

He was there for the Liverpool game, the Spurs game etc when the atmosphere has been electric and he wants more of it. Just like a player that has worldies every so often, you end up sounding like you're giving them stick but it's more born out of frustration because you know how good they can be.

He's like this with his players too, he wants the best out of everyone and he does go over the top sometimes but I think it shows how passionate he is and how much he really does care about these things. Even if it does mean he sometimes overthinks things in big games that he's concerned about, or overreaches with the fans, or maybe upsets a player every so often. You have to take the shit with the shine, he's not perfect but he's the best manager City could hope for and we'll all miss him when he does finally move on.

Forget how the media has spun it because they'd love nothing more than to cause a rift with the manager and divide the fans. They hate us all, from the owner, to the club, to the fans, we are fair game for them. Take it with the best intentions and if you're at the game get behind the team vocally, that's all he really wants, a good atmosphere. So do the players.
Yep - sums it up, with something for everyone in that post.
At least you've also recognised Pep's foot in mouth input and the rest is bang on too.

Exactly that media witch hunt to try and stir supporters and hopefully get Pep to leave!
Every season there are articles, podcasts in the Echo, rawk, anfield wrap about Pep cracking up. The Blood Red pod did the latest yesterday with four Scouse journos entertaining a live audience, they are obsessed about a club who they claim they never talk about and some blues are feeding their agenda. We all need to show our support for Pep and the club this afternoon.

I know it's meant well but I think this narrative which I see a lot of on social media plays into the hands of our detractors. The idea that we spent most of our history in the lower divisions pre-takeover in the lower divisions is false. We spent four seasons in the 80s in the second tier, five in the late 90s (one of which was of the third tier). That's 9 years of the last 50 odd not in the top division. I don't know exactly how old you are but I very much doubt you spent most of your youth travelling to shitholes more than you did supporting us in division 1/premier league. In an all time league table of the top division pre-takeover we would be in the top 6 or 7. The narrative that we were some downtrodden lower division club before the takeover is false and more than a little irritating (to me anyway).
Indeed

united 96 years in top division
City 92 years in top division

4 years more in 126 years… but let’s call City a yo-yo no- history club.

any united spouting ‘istree is talking 2/3 PL cartel era only

He fucking loves the attention. Heard him on something like TalkSport and a while ago and he definitely wasn‘t talking for me. In fact, he sounded like he has been directed to to put the boot in.
I've emailed him 3 times with a question concerning supporters clubs, not had a reply or acknowledgement

FFS!

The fucking Media is the enemy!

Stop overreacting and giving the media roaches and nonces material for click baiting and City bashing, you wet fannies, flappers and pearl clutchers.

They are applying the old tactics of divide and conquer. Don't fall for it. They should be roasting the paperboy and CuntRapist7 for their loss and singing our praises after a thrilling 9 goal match.

Don't feed the media cunts agenda.

If nobody lied about our support & empty seats would someone saying we need all our fans there be an issue, as has been said if Klopp says it’s a rallying cry.

let’s not give 2 shits, I’d rather be talking about empty seats than losing to Swiss part timers. Could you imagine if Ole had said what Pep had said but we’d been turned over by a team as shit as Young Boys. Keep calm & they lose 2 or 3 more & it will be all about sacking the paperboy.

For all those who cast doubt on what he meant I think his pre match interview made it crystal clear.
He saw the players were out on their feet post Leipzig and wanted to give a rallying call for Saturday.
His choice of words on the night may not have conferred that meaning with as much clarity as he liked which is where the problem lay, his English is much better than my Spanish or Basque.
Can we get of his case now?
The Media want this driven as a wedge issue and their questioning made that perfectly apparent - asking for a fucking apology, get fucked you ****. I love the way he pulled the first journalist re that question he asked and told him point blank it was based on a total misinterpretation of what he said.
Of course hes not perfect and makes the odd gaffe like most people however there is no-one - NO-ONE else I would prefer coaching my football club!
Having spent the entirety of my life supporting this club, like a lot of others most of my youth was spent travelling to shitholes watching us battle it out on the pitch and have to fight our way back to our transport on occasion against Wankchester Rovers or the like, todays team is like some Utopian dream. We had no prospect of winning anything shiny, but that didn't matter. I was pleased and proud to hear him say we don't want to be like Rags or Scousers fanbases we want to be us and he likes being us.
To listen to some of the self-entitled shite on here the last day or so makes my blood boil. Who wins if Pep gets pissed off and leaves? Only our enemies - so who do you think is making this molehill seem like mount Everest?
Anyway Ive said my piece.
Put this into the match programme! And on the concourse walls.

Funny how anything that can be perceived as negative for our club gets bounced around gathering momentum and ending up as a main story on the back pages, TV, and radio sport features. Negative stories about the rags just get buried.
Couldn't agree more....we don't need Parker cosying up to Sly bigging up his own profile slagging off our club. Who gives a toss how many go to the game....surely each individual is glad that they were! The Red Shirted media don't need City fans assistance in trying to undermine our fantastic achievements. Pep will one day leave and we'll be worse off when he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.