Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, could have sworn it was Puma who is behind this. And the Madchester scene was more mid - late 80's rather than the 90's from what I remember.
Thee was a big Manchester indie scene in the mid to late 80s which collided with the rave boom around 88-89, spawning or influencing the bands which are associated with the movement. I think it was Happy Mondays "Madchester Rave On" EP which introduced the word "Madchester" in 1989.

“I think from everyone’s point of view (West Ham beating Man City is good for the competition),” Redknapp said on Sky Sports.

What amuses me most about this is the City fan thinking that there is some business called "Madchester" who are behind this.

I do think it’s a copyrighted range of merchandise tbf. We’re producing it in partnership with them.

Are you sure about that? I don't think it's possible to copyright the word "Madchester" in the same way you can't own the word Hippy or Grunge or Rave or Punk. If you didn't invent it you can't copyright it. Surely this is just a Puma concept.

It's my understanding that copyright exists in certain limited spheres.

So you can't copyright all uses of the word, but there is a clothing company called Madchester and by the look of the website - www.madchester.com it's very much a company that exists and would own a copyright which is probably why the Puma and City stuff is on there too - it's a collaboration.

But they couldn't come after you if you opened a bar called madchester, or started a brand of..electronics or something unrelated.

At least we’ve reached the bottom of the barrel. I’m not keen on the merch either tbh but it’s hardly worthy of this sort of commentary.

I don’t think it’s for some sheep shagging arsehole to tell Mancunians what Madchester is or was. His sort still point at planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.