Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think maybe we just need to accept responding to the media (severity depending), is not the way our owners do their business.
Pisses me off, but I can see their reasoning, it's almost like the media see it as a feather in their cap (in fact it is in their eyes) if they manage to get the club to respond to some of the shit they put out there, boring cunts who left real journalism a very long time ago.

I should know better than ever watching the sports roundup on Breakfast. Couple of minutes sports bantz with Naga, big haired Charlie and dopey scotswoman on drama of penalty shootouts. Needless to say Naga loves them. Dopey scotswoman says "Manchester City fans must be stressed after last night..."

Praising heroics of West ham, fair enough but also mention at least just how devoid they were of any attacking intent, regularly pulling everyone back behind the ball.

Really is a very poor report on sports. If the sports is reported in such a less than impartial manner, should the rest of their news output be questioned? Judging by their Budget report, I'd say yes.

Biens coverage of the pens was atrocious. Close up of the players face til the last second then cut to them literally striking the ball , filmed from behind the goal

found it difficult to follow

Cunts

Last edited:
Sky covered the penalties so I switched over for it. The winning penalty went in and the commentator couldn't disguise his excitement ''City are out... at last!". TV went straight off after that. They don't even disguise their dislike of us.
Your fault for watching sky ! Iam shocked people still turn it on with the 100s of other options out there to watch every single minute of every single game.

Skys coverage of the pens was atrocious. Close up of the players face til the last second then cut to them literally striking the ball , filmed from behind the goal

found it difficult to follow

Cunts
This
It was awful by the time they switched from the player to the behind the goal angle the ball was being kicked and with my eyes couldn't focus until ball was in the net
I don't know the reasons behind the angle. They did have a camera at the normal penalty angle as they showed it a couple of times but didn't use it once for an actual pen

This
It was awful by the time they switched from the player to the behind the goal angle the ball was being kicked and with my eyes couldn't focus until ball was in the net
I don't know the reasons behind the angle. They did have a camera at the normal penalty angle as they showed it a couple of times but didn't use it once for an actual pen

For what its worth, Sky took the same feed of pictures/commentary as everyone else. I watched on a South African channel and it was the same with Ian "£50m defender" Darke commentating who comes only second to Tyler for his disappointment when we do well. Of course, the thing commentators will say is they love the narrative story rather than hating a team, so the story that we're out of the cup is a bigger story than West Ham going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.