Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sympathies go out to his family and friends but how can the club be blamed?clubs release players that aren't good enough all the timehttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-59214647
The culture of youth football recruitment is akin to modern slavery with the promise of a lifetime of riches if your the 1% if you succeed. City aren't directly to blame but definitely are part of this culture. More needs to be done by clubs to look after these kids long into their 20s or even later as they mostly come from poor backgrounds and will have focused on footy more than school/friends.

The culture of youth football recruitment is akin to modern slavery with the promise of a lifetime of riches if your the 1% if you succeed. City aren't directly to blame but definitely are part of this culture. More needs to be done by clubs to look after these kids long into their 20s or even later as they mostly come from poor backgrounds and will have focused on footy more than school/friends.

We as a club educate then we as a club when we let players go do our best to find them a club!

When he’s not emotional about Liverpool his insight is really good.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the Scouse fucker and he his biased when Liverpool are playing, he shouldn’t be allowed on their games but when he’s analysing other matches, he’s usually very good.
He's a quality spitter as well, quantity and distance a speciality.

Bollocks, that may have been the case in the 70's but not now. The education they receive at City is second to none and this is done to help them if they don't succeed. The lad who died was looking at university to study forensic science, a mate of mine back in the 70's was a rag goal keeper, released at 16. He became a truck driver. The way youngsters are looked after is excellent

again its manchester city and the media will over hype it because of the hate they have towards us.
its sad that somebody so young feels to the need to take his own life and the family will be looking for answers and want to pin the blame on somebody. but manchester city must turn down many young players every season and there is a support in place to help. but i feel in many cases with a young footballer he will feel am good enough and better than a player that gets a contract ?

i seen its so many times and the families don't see the bigger picture and they think their son is the best in the world.
maybe that is the pressure the young players are under from the start ? they feel they must have let the family down because he's always been told by them your world class and the best

there is no blame on manchester city and 92 other football clubs will be doing the same thing every year. in many cases with other clubs they will have little to none support for a young footballer left in the cold

Get him away from Liverpool and he’s the best in the business.

Particularly enjoy him talking about Utd being shit.

I would agree.
But why have him doing liverpool and Neville United.
They are the two with some insight .
However when Cresswell made that tackle he gave the ooooookhhhh response, the same as Neville if a City player makes a heavy tackle especially v United.
Let them do other matches and MNF.

see the media are trying to damage our academy's reputation by giving this kid's toxic father oxygen. Not like it doesn't happen everywhere else. It's not the club's responsibility to provide for the kid once he's let go and hasn't made it, it's up to him to bounce back and make a life for himself. He wasn't married to the club.

Just the rags and dipper media happy to stick the boot in to cause us damage rather than any altruistic concern. Awaits the Panorama documentary.

see the media are trying to damage our academy's reputation by giving this kid's toxic father oxygen. Not like it doesn't happen everywhere else. It's not the club's responsibility to provide for the kid once he's let go and hasn't made it, it's up to him to bounce back and make a life for himself. He wasn't married to the club.

Just the rags and dipper media happy to stick the boot in to cause us damage rather than any altruistic concern. Awaits the Panorama documentary.
His father is upset but what was he doing to help the lad? Very easy to cast aspertions on the Club who obviously feel it is not the time and place to respond whilst people are greaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.