Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why it's getting the column inches. Any other club and the focus is on the tragedy of a life lost.

yep
its a tragedy that a young lad took his own life and i feel for the family
but his dad blaming manchester city is like adding fuel to the fire with the media. i fear the answer he is going to get will be the one he doesn't want

The culture of youth football recruitment is akin to modern slavery with the promise of a lifetime of riches if your the 1% if you succeed. City aren't directly to blame but definitely are part of this culture. More needs to be done by clubs to look after these kids long into their 20s or even later as they mostly come from poor backgrounds and will have focused on footy more than school/friends.
There’s no promise, nobody is owed a living.

Of course his old man has an axe to grind with City - who wouldn’t in his shoes - but looking at the situation dispassionately the club are wholly blameless.

Herbert is a fucking disgrace

yep
its a tragedy that a young lad took his own life and i feel for the family
but his dad blaming manchester city is like adding fuel to the fire with the media. i fear the answer he is going to get will be the one he doesn't want
How about the bbc publishing the full facts ?
City offered the lad 9 trials at other clubs but the lad AND his family declined and said he needed an agent.
That is what was said (courtesy of the Daily Telegraph)

But that doesn't suit the Rag bbc

I would agree.
But why have him doing liverpool and Neville United.
They are the two with some insight .
However when Cresswell made that tackle he gave the ooooookhhhh response, the same as Neville if a City player makes a heavy tackle especially v United.
Let them do other matches and MNF.
To try and influence the listening VAR team

The culture of youth football recruitment is akin to modern slavery with the promise of a lifetime of riches if your the 1% if you succeed. City aren't directly to blame but definitely are part of this culture. More needs to be done by clubs to look after these kids long into their 20s or even later as they mostly come from poor backgrounds and will have focused on footy more than school/friends.

BT Sports (I know im shocked saying this)

Did a very good documentary a couple of seasons ago about players not making the grade in football.

Opened my eyes.

Dn't recall the name just remember it being on directly after Notts Forest spanked Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Funny enough Arsene Wenger was talked about a fair amount in the program

Don’t city have a college at the academy as well? Sure I’ve heard it mentioned on a few occasions. The youngsters are schooled in football and learning as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.