Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the dumbest things I've seen written on here for a while.

They get sent to a top class independent school so that they have a decent education to fall back on if football doesn't pan out, at a cost of £24,000 per year - £164,000 worth of education if they go through to 18.

Crucially that education is guaranteed through to 18 even if you're released.

They get insane wages. Liverpool capped theirs at £40k a year for under 17's, and they lost out on players because of it. Ours and most of the top 6 are higher.

And the clubs do try to find a landing spot in football for them. As Jeremy Wisten's father said, they bundle up all the footage, make highlight reels and send it off to clubs to try and get takers, leading to nine different trials.

They also have access to psychiatrists throughout their time at the club, and the best medical care you can get to cover injuries and surgeries to try and get them back on the pitch.

Modern Slavery? Please.
Did I not see (a long while back) that all of their siblings get a chance to go to St. Bede's as well?

Did I not see (a long while back) that all of their siblings get a chance to go to St. Bede's as well?
I think that is the case at a cost of £12k per year per person. I know for a fact that a lot of the kids sent there by City think they are the dog's bollocks even at a young age. This is despite the club and school trying to make them understand that many of them won't be at the club when they are 16 or even still within the game. One of the worst behaved was Pep's son!

The bbc heavily politicising the sad case of the lad who killed himself.

It is sad indeed but I'd like to know what the pontificating BBC does about interns and young applicants who despite their qualifications fail to land jobs with the BBC.
I am afraid disappointment is a fact of life and the hypocrical media using stories like this has become a fact of life too.

The way the story is written originally in the Mail, I'd be very surprised if they did.

A) It wouldn't serve their purpose, having chosen to cherry-pick the line from the hearing which shows City in a bad light.

B) The fact they have used the least amount of quotes from Jason Wilcox which even then, contradicts both the father and the colour Herbert has chosen to use on his negative hit job.

C) The story originates entirely from the hearing, so Herbert and others can merely ignore putting it on City for fear of watering down the piece.

D) City absolutely detest Herbert and find him a very odd character with a particular fondness for painting the actual club executive in a bad light, however tenuous.

E) A recent example of another Daily Mail smear was the wanker Mike Keegan writing we had called Bennell to the stand as our witness to defend the private civil suit, despite it being our insurers and the league who had done so, without getting clarification from City until 24 hours later.

The Mail are also the paper who got their lawyers involved to be allowed to attend the closed hearing with the Premier League and City over FFP disputes.

They just don't like the club.

The BBC also ran with point E. It was on their website on the main sports page.

The way the story is written originally in the Mail, I'd be very surprised if they did.

A) It wouldn't serve their purpose, having chosen to cherry-pick the line from the hearing which shows City in a bad light.

B) The fact they have used the least amount of quotes from Jason Wilcox which even then, contradicts both the father and the colour Herbert has chosen to use on his negative hit job.

C) The story originates entirely from the hearing, so Herbert and others can merely ignore putting it on City for fear of watering down the piece.

D) City absolutely detest Herbert and find him a very odd character with a particular fondness for painting the actual club executive in a bad light, however tenuous.

E) A recent example of another Daily Mail smear was the wanker Mike Keegan writing we had called Bennell to the stand as our witness to defend the private civil suit, despite it being our insurers and the league who had done so, without getting clarification from City until 24 hours later.

The Mail are also the paper who got their lawyers involved to be allowed to attend the closed hearing with the Premier League and City over FFP disputes.

They just don't like the club.
If it's a straight report of the inquest and nothing more then the journalist doesn't need to ask for a quote from anybody as there's absolute privilege. Whatever is said in that coroner's court can be reported - even if it's libelous or false.

But I can absolutely guarantee Herbert took great pleasure in being able to run a negative City story without having any need to contact the club or risk of blowback.

If there is any kind of follow up story (which wouldn't be covered by AP) then I'm sure city will be all over it if he steps out of line.

Last edited:
If it's a straight report of the inquest and nothing more then the journalist doesn't need to ask for a quote from anybody as there's absolute privilege. Whatever is said in that coroner's court can be reported - even if it's libelous or false.

But I can absolutely guarantee Herbert took great pleasure in being able to run a negative City story without having any need to contact the club or risk of blowback.

If there is any kind of follow up story (which wouldn't be covered by AP) then I'm sure city will be all over it if he steps out of line.
Someone knows their McNae’s…

It is sad indeed but I'd like to know what the pontificating BBC does about interns and young applicants who despite their qualifications fail to land jobs with the BBC.
I am afraid disappointment is a fact of life and the hypocrical media using stories like this has become a fact of life too.
BBC Salford rag based centre are the biggest coonts going with Simon Stone and the other coonts,not give 1 penny to them for 10 years and never will,what £100 for a license they can fuck off.

BBC Salford rag based centre are the biggest coonts going with Simon Stone and the other coonts,not give 1 penny to them for 10 years and never will,what £100 for a license they can fuck off.
So glad I moved here so not a penny goes to them pedo loving twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.