Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Pretty decent’ isn’t AC Milan at their peak though!

Not trying to denigrate either of those results, especially the one in Milan, which was ground-breaking, and the return leg is one of the ganes in my City supporting ‘career’ I didn’t attend that most wished I had - I bet the atmosphere was incredible, but, Franco Bareis notwithstanding, that team wasn’t even close to peak AC Milan.

It was a fantastic night and, even if it wasn't Milan's mightiest incarnation, I think we're entitled to claim a dismantling of the forthcoming Italian champions as a genuinely great European win. I'd say it was arguably our second best ever before 2008, as I probably put the 5-1 in the ECWC semi against Schalke in 1970 slightly ahead of it (even though I don't remember that one).

The Milan game was a great atmosphere, the stated attendance of 38K being something of a Peter Swales special, and with a bit more luck we could have had five or six that night. (To be fair, I think Milan did hit the post and I seem to remember them missing a sitter as well - they were battling like fuck in the second half just to avoid humiliation). It was the last hurrah for Tony Book's team, really, as a few weeks later Mal came back and fucked most of them off at the earliest opportunity.

It was a fantastic night and, even if it wasn't Milan's mightiest incarnation, I think we're entitled to claim a dismantling of the forthcoming Italian champions as a genuinely great European win. I'd say it was arguably our second best ever before 2008, as I probably put the 5-1 in the ECWC semi against Schalke in 1970 slightly ahead of it (even though I don't remember that one).

The Milan game was a great atmosphere, the stated attendance of 38K being something of a Peter Swales special, and with a bit more luck we could have had five or six that night. (To be fair, I think Milan did hit the post and I seem to remember them missing a sitter as well - they were battling like fuck in the second half just to avoid humiliation). It was the last hurrah for Tony Book's team, really, as a few weeks later Mal came back and fucked most of them off at the earliest opportunity.
was my first game in europe and was unbelievable night.i really thought we were gonna be something till big mal fucked us up and started the decline

was my first game in europe and was unbelievable night.i really thought we were gonna be something till big mal fucked us up and started the decline

I was my first game in Europe, too. My old man wouldn't usually take me on a school night at that point but I badgered him so much after we beat Standard Liege 4-0 in the previous round that he agreed to let me go to this one. Glad he did!

Deluded? You know I’m agreeing with you about the BBC being biased, right?

As to me being patronising and/or condescending, if that's how you want to interpret my kind words than that’s your call, mate. You won’t be the first to make that mistake.
I would have agreed with all you said if your inner twat had not been let out with your snide )comment about an illusion that l was honest. My own use of delusion in place of illusion did not quite come off.
Remembering my mother's words about saying nothing if l cannot say something nice l will leave you to admire yourself in the mirror whilst I take a longer shower than normal.
****. (Sorry Mum, l tried)

Was that the season we got beat 2-1 by Borussia Munchengladbach?

We played them in the next round, though it took place around 3 months later. We drew 1-1 at home and lost 3-1 away.

EDIT - Not very good quality, but below are the goals from the away leg, which was our last match in Europe until we played TNS in the UEFA Cup qualifying round in 2003/4.

I would have agreed with all you said if your inner twat had not been let out with your snide )comment about an illusion that l was honest. My own use of delusion in place of illusion did not quite come off.
Remembering my mother's words about saying nothing if l cannot say something nice l will leave you to admire yourself in the mirror whilst I take a longer shower than normal.
****. (Sorry Mum, l tried)
I was simply making the point that it’s the internet and you can never be sure about the character of someone across that medium, which is a perfectly valid point to make, as it is irrefutably true.

You seem quite a sensitive type. You asked a question and I answered it, whilst rationalising my response, agreeing with you and saying something nice about you (albeit qualified). Your response, therefore, is nothing short of weird.

Calling me a **** amuses me though, so thanks for giving me a chuckle this early in the morning.

Deluded? You know I’m agreeing with you about the BBC being biased, right?

As to me being patronising and/or condescending, if that's how you want to interpret my kind words than that’s your call, mate. You won’t be the first to make that mistake.
Oh come on, I thought the description of you was bang on. If you asked 100 bm posters who this describes ...... A patronising condescending t**t, ok most would say drone but you'd get a fair few as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.