Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been arguing for years about this, it is not City, Chelsea or Newcastle’s fault that rich men bid to buy clubs, it is driven by the American owners of the likes of Liverpool and Man U, who started the non-footballing hype and began the TV rights, which eventually resulted in the Premier League being what it is right now. Namely, by far, the best league in the World. Remember when we used to watch the League Italia on TV a couple of decades ago? Now they seem so boring. Football isn’t soulless, look at how Leeds and Newcastle fans celebrated towards the end of being thrashed this week.

Ah...the tidal wave of shit on a Monday morning. Media going into overdrive. "City....heartless, soulless, dull, boring....". "Liverpool and Chelsea can't compete....so unfair...too many games, squads not big enough...Covid rife, officials not competent." "CFG spreading influence...dark (sic) forces at work...investing in AFL going almost unnoticed...".
City must be top and Liverpool and the Rags need to be kept in focus rather than disappearing out of sight in the rear view mirror. Same old tired arguments trotted out every season at around this time.
Pathetic, they've never had the chips run out at half time.

So old Eamonn Sweeney has previous. And was prepared, in his piece after we prevailed at CAS, to run with the lie that we escaped punishment for certain breaches only because allegations were time-barred.

On a different note, I burst out laughing when I saw his photo. As a student, I used to do volunteer work with mentally handicapped adults and he's the spitting image of one of the blokes we used to look after. The only difference is that Geoffrey would be a more perceptive commentator about modern football.

View attachment 32281

New levels of delusion reached here. Not a single neurtral or opposition fan i know wants Liverpool to win the title. NOT ONE. The complete opposite in fact, even the mention of the possibility of it usually is met with a groan, and many of these i speak of are Utd fans.

View attachment 32282
So now the theiving Liverpool fan boys want to nick Evertons title as the people's club. There are football fans in Liverpool and then there are livarpool fans and there is a world of difference.

I have been arguing for years about this, it is not City, Chelsea or Newcastle’s fault that rich men bid to buy clubs, it is driven by the American owners of the likes of Liverpool and Man U, who started the non-footballing hype and began the TV rights, which eventually resulted in the Premier League being what it is right now. Namely, by far, the best league in the World. Remember when we used to watch the League Italia on TV a couple of decades ago? Now they seem so boring. Football isn’t soulless, look at how Leeds and Newcastle fans celebrated towards the end of being thrashed this week.
Think it's good strong ale in the northern cities of Leeds and Newcastle that may of contributed to that

Listening to shearers rant again this morning, blimey that guy, sometimes I think what he says makes sense then he has the odd rant - mainly about his beloved barcodes which is understandable and sometimes he talks total shite.

Soulless - because we keep on winning no doubt?
When they do it they coin a new phrase for themselves - mentality monsters LOL
Daft cunts
No
It's because these alleged 'football fans' don't like:
Total football instead of kick and rush.
Loads and loads of beautifully crafted goals.
Immaculate ball control with head, feet and chest.
A defence that rarely concedes without any need to park the bus.
A defence including the goalie which skilfully plays the ball out by unhurried passes to team mates who know where to pass next before they even get the ball - instead of a rushed big kick into Row Z
A team that wins fairly without repeated diving.
A team that does not need the assistance of officials on the pitch or behind a distant screen.

Although there are some who do prefer kick and rush sorry counter attacking football, most football fans would love to have their team play like us but they just will not admit it.
As for 'soulless' do people really have 'souls' for teams from another country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.