Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are prisoners of their own success, and they are obsessed with their glorious past, which is why, as you say,, they are letting the one player who is an icon and a symptom of that past, run the show.
How many times do you hear poor, desperate raggies on phone-ins calling for a ‘return to where we once were’ because they are incapable of even considering a future where not only are they not top dogs, but their ’noisy neighbours’ actually are.
No plan long term, and seemingly none short term either.
Happy days!

Fully agree.

They remind me of Liverpool in the 90's and 00's. Desperately trying to recreate the glory days by clinging as much as they can to the past and a sycophantic media willing them on.

Yeah, good to flag it up. I’ve heard a few of these “guest editor” versions of the programme before, and it’s not really hands-on, it’s more a case of they meet well in advance with the regular editor and agree what pre-recorded features or live interviews should appear. I’m actually not convinced the guest editors need to be on hand live in the studio 6-9am on the day of the show.

I would expect them to patch him in for a live conversation at some point in the show though, I’m guessing either from home or from the team hotel (?).
Gonna give it a listen anyway
Yes some of it might even be prerecorded. The fact l have not been able to be sure it's tomorrow shows once more the churlishness of the media.

I note the bloke who gets rather more publicity
for everything he does seems to have taken a very low profile at a time when the additional £20 benefit has been withdrawn.
I always get stuff for food banks when shopping but at the end of last week l saw a number of people queuing outside a chapel to receive food parcels just before Christmas. Off topic but a very sobering thought to see families and individuals queueing like that.
A group.of Blues set up a stall on thebzB of the Bang site to collect food for the needy at every home match packing up the stall half an hour before home kick offs. There is also a room in Mary Ds for any food fans can give.

“Grim” day apparently.
All these turds miss the fact that our brilliance is extracting more from what we have given the rules that are in place restricting spending and the actual spending that has occurred over last 5/10 seasons.
You only need to look at our bench most weeks to see the myth of our squad being massive

Not sure, when we weren’t involved, I wouldn’t particularly care about who won the title but I’d at least like it to either be close and not a foregone conclusion or the team that won it played football that was way above anyone else and worth watching.

I think we more than count as the latter.
Haven’t you heard??? We play boring football.

It’s as much led by finance as anything else. They want the biggest fanbases clicking on a story and thus driving up the associated ad revenue - and we all know who they are.
A story about City with a negative slant or headline is almost as good as the usual, nonsensical redshirt propaganda, because they know it will get engagement from the plastic sheep.
Cynical and void of ethics but it’s the reality of modern football ‘journalism’.
It is why the likes of the Independent will be delighted with Delooney’s output, no matter how transparently bitter, hypocritical, biased and insane.
Slagging City is great for business.
I worked in the industry for decades so I know all this is true from first hand personal experience
Spot on, mate. It's been going on for years.

Think I've told this story before, but when I first started in the media industry, I used to analyse sales data for a newspaper marketing and logistics company based in Bredbury (in case anybody is curious who I'm talking about).

My two biggest accounts were News International and Trinity Mirror.

Negative City stories would often outsell positive united stories in many of the more traditional 'red' postcode areas.

Biggest example I can think of was the infamous Mirror backpage after the Mansfield Auto Windscreen game. Sold around the same number of copies than the edition on sale after the scum beat Bayern in the Champions League final.

As the industry has shifted to it's current, online clickbait model, the issue has extrapolated to riduculous levels.

Last edited:
Great read you 2. An insider insight into what Football Journalism was and still is.

City winning at CAS must have got some of the biggest amount of clicks in the history of Football Journalism.

The bile and hatred spewing from the red shirt fans that day and days after was off the scale and epic.

Oh how we laughed at them all. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.