Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

A month ago I’m pretty sure I heard him on the Monday Night Club on 5 Live talk of the great 3 team title race. Now what does he want? If one team goes too far ahead of the others in December does he want the chasing teams to be awarded points just to keep it interesting?
The hilarious thing is that Delooney is chirping in with a reply bemoaning Brighton getting a draw at Chelsea
The same Delooney who was moaning at a team beating another team 7-0 a few weeks ago. Ties himself up in knots that idiot.

You’ve got to feel for the Liverpool supporting fan from Harrogate, an intelligent investigative journalist who hasn’t figured out the league is being dominated by the team with the smallest squad, self sustainable & looks to have the best youth.
What are the others doing wrong?

You’ve got to feel for the Liverpool supporting fan from Harrogate, an intelligent investigative journalist who hasn’t figured out the league is being dominated by the team with the smallest squad, self sustainable & looks to have the best youth.
Is he defo a Liverpool fan?

The many things he has said over the years, combined with his written output would suggest so. I can’t give you a link to a website/article where there is a quote with him admitting to be.
But he is. He may claim to have another ‘smaller’ team too of course as well, a la Altrincham Anthony.

edit.
Just had a look at his wiki profile. Mentions that he was the ghost author with Rafa Benitez of the book Champions League Dreams from 2012. It also mentions he is “often” on the Anfield Wrap podcast. There’s no mention anywhere else in the article of anything which could link him to any other club. Hardly conclusive proof, I’ll admit, but it is an indication.

Last edited:
They don’t won’t to hear the truth,they need the comfort blanket of lies and bullshit to keep them clinging on desperately..

I suppose it's like s lot of political journalists- if you draw attention to their obvious shortcummings, you're biting the hand that feeds you.

The many things he has said over the years, combined with his written output would suggest so. I can’t give you a link to a website/article where there is a quote with him admitting to be.
But he is. He may claim to have another ‘smaller’ team too of course as well, a la Altrincham Anthony.

edit.
Just had a look at his wiki profile. Mentions that he was the ghost author with Rafa Benitez of the book Champions League Dreams from 2012. It also mentions he is “often” on the Anfield Wrap podcast. There’s no mention anywhere else in the article of anything which could link him to any other club. Hardly conclusive proof, I’ll admit, but it is an indication.
Added to the fact he comes across as a **** and i’ld say slam dunk

edit.
This looks like it’s from 2015:
https://thesetpieces.com/interviews/vox-in-the-box-rory-smith/

An interesting quote from the article!!!

Do you ever have any problems because of who you support?

No, it’s not that important. I support Liverpool, and I always have, and I’m not ashamed of that. But what I should say is that I’m a Liverpool fan from my childhood, I consider myself probably slightly lapsed as a fan. It’s really hard as a journalist – you try and explain this on Twitter and people don’t react well, but you meet people and you work with teams and you develop friendships and relationships with people at those teams. Not necessarily players and managers but it can be people behind the scenes, and you tend to want them to do well.

So I really like Leicester’s press office because they’re really helpful, so I’m delighted that they’re top. My Dad’s a Leicester fan as well so that helps. I like Roberto Martinez so I’m really happy when Everton do well. There’s other clubs I like less, and I like them losing. So you are biased but it’s a more complicated thing than people think. I get on really well with City and I have done for years, but you quite regularly get people saying ‘You hate City like everyone in the media’ – I love Man City, their food is amazing, their press people seem really nice, their press lounge is comfortable, I’ve got two or three good friends there. So it’s more complicated than just saying ‘I am a Liverpool fan and that is it.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.