Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like it’s from 2015:
https://thesetpieces.com/interviews/vox-in-the-box-rory-smith/

An interesting quote from the article!!!

Do you ever have any problems because of who you support?

No, it’s not that important. I support Liverpool, and I always have, and I’m not ashamed of that. But what I should say is that I’m a Liverpool fan from my childhood, I consider myself probably slightly lapsed as a fan. It’s really hard as a journalist – you try and explain this on Twitter and people don’t react well, but you meet people and you work with teams and you develop friendships and relationships with people at those teams. Not necessarily players and managers but it can be people behind the scenes, and you tend to want them to do well.

So I really like Leicester’s press office because they’re really helpful, so I’m delighted that they’re top. My Dad’s a Leicester fan as well so that helps. I like Roberto Martinez so I’m really happy when Everton do well. There’s other clubs I like less, and I like them losing. So you are biased but it’s a more complicated thing than people think. I get on really well with City and I have done for years, but you quite regularly get people saying ‘You hate City like everyone in the media’ – I love Man City, their food is amazing, their press people seem really nice, their press lounge is comfortable, I’ve got two or three good friends there. So it’s more complicated than just saying ‘I am a Liverpool fan and that is it.’
Good digging there.
Lol, so he loves our food, but still criticises us as a club and our owners (if not our team), on a regular basis!

I try on the whole to ignore the media on City, but this narrative that we are bad for the game is really winding me up
It’s not actually Manchester City they are against it’s a racist driven agenda against our owner,if we were owned by yanks the articles would be positive and off the scale,yanks good for the game Arabs bad for the game simple as that Citizen Green..

I try on the whole to ignore the media on City, but this narrative that we are bad for the game is really winding me up

Me too, less because of the sleight on us as such, although it is absolutely that too, but more it demeans just how much of a genius Guardiola is. I’m absolutely sure we’ll continue to be successful once he’s gone, but nowhere near to the same extent of dominance that we have now.

We’re watching a genius at work. It’s not a coincidence that he manages the best team in Spain, they win the World Cup. He manages the best team in Germany, they win the World Cup. He manages the best team in England, we should win one of the World Cup or the Euros but then we have Southgate…;)

We had a title race with Liverpool which was one of the greatest that there’s ever been with both teams getting points totals that were frankly obscene. We’ve got a strength in depth in management in the PL now that’s stronger than I think there’s ever been. We’ve got the PL selling it’s TV rights for record numbers. How any of that isn’t considered healthy, fuck knows…

Me too, less because of the sleight on us as such, although it is absolutely that too, but more it demeans just how much of a genius Guardiola is. I’m absolutely sure we’ll continue to be successful once he’s gone, but nowhere near to the same extent of dominance that we have now.

We’re watching a genius at work. It’s not a coincidence that he manages the best team in Spain, they win the World Cup. He manages the best team in Germany, they win the World Cup. He manages the best team in England, we should win one of the World Cup or the Euros but then we have Southgate…;)

We had a title race with Liverpool which was one of the greatest that there’s ever been with both teams getting points totals that were frankly obscene. We’ve got a strength in depth in management in the PL now that’s stronger than I think there’s ever been. We’ve got the PL selling it’s TV rights for record numbers. How any of that isn’t considered healthy, fuck knows…
Excellent post,going back to what citizen green posted,these same cnuts couldn’t give too fucks about the likes of Brentford,Southampton,West Ham,Everton etc they want everything to go back to when it was the rags or red scousers and arsenal making up the top 4..

It’s not actually Manchester City they are against it’s a racist driven agenda against our owner,if we were owned by yanks the articles would be positive and off the scale,yanks good for the game Arabs bad for the game simple as that Citizen Green..
I don't think it's just a racist thing. Partly, sure but what it's really about is that since Sheikh Mansour has rocked up and got things how he likes it then we're the epitome of a well run club from top to bottom. It's not that we have better finances than everyone else, it's just we use what we do have better and keep the money recycling in the game rather than taking it out like some other clubs. Our scouting and recruitment is top notch. We don't just rely on on-pitch ability but also take into account a player's personality and how he will fit in with the existing squad too. All the things like that add up to make us the best club in the land and all the world and those that are affiliated to other clubs are jealous of what they see unfolding here.

Obviously the culmination of the project is having Pep in charge and giving us a technical masterpiece to behold each and every game. Will be a sad day when he leaves (not soon god willing) but I'm expecting whoever replaces him to keep us up there challenging each and every year as whoever it is will have the resources in place to do so. We're also fabulously well placed through CFG to keep abreast of any expansion into new markets with both China and India having huge untapped potential for football growth and revenue streams.

The Future is bright, the future (just like the present) is Blue and the haters can just do one!

I don't think it's just a racist thing. Partly, sure but what it's really about is that since Sheikh Mansour has rocked up and got things how he likes it then we're the epitome of a well run club from top to bottom. It's not that we have better finances than everyone else, it's just we use what we do have better and keep the money recycling in the game rather than taking it out like some other clubs. Our scouting and recruitment is top notch. We don't just rely on on-pitch ability but also take into account a player's personality and how he will fit in with the existing squad too. All the things like that add up to make us the best club in the land and all the world and those that are affiliated to other clubs are jealous of what they see unfolding here.

Obviously the culmination of the project is having Pep in charge and giving us a technical masterpiece to behold each and every game. Will be a sad day when he leaves (not soon god willing) but I'm expecting whoever replaces him to keep us up there challenging each and every year as whoever it is will have the resources in place to do so. We're also fabulously well placed through CFG to keep abreast of any expansion into new markets with both China and India having huge untapped potential for football growth and revenue streams.

The Future is bright, the future (just like the present) is Blue and the haters can just do one!
Its nothing to do with race , its anti Manchester City .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.