Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one wants a competitive league, they just want their team to be what city are. Anyone saying anything else is just lying.

No-one cried the league was over last year when Liverpool won 7-0 and went 5pts ahead last year, no one cried about the un-competitiveness of the league when Liverpool won by a country mile a couple years ago, no one cried about it when Liverpool were 7pts ahead of us in January 2019 and I certainly didn't hear a peep about it when Chelsea went on a 13 win streak the last time they won the league.

So many in media firmly took the stance that pep wouldn't have it easy when he eventually came to the prem, that now they are just too stubborn to admit it and instead just dig in even deeper, and it's not just the fact he's won in the prem, he's absolutely dominated english football, and not just in the prem, he's literally changed the way football is played all the way through to grassroots.

Don't let anything the media and other 'fans' say affect the enjoyment you have watching this team play and win.

Personally I really like this whole new "City's fault we're losing" attitude everyone seems to adopt.

Imagine, your team being so powerful, so god damn dominating that not only are your opponents beaten before they step on the field against you, they're beaten when they step on the field against anyone. That's insanity! Terrible attitude from all involved and they should be ashamed to have lost their bottle so comprehensively and so publicly.

Honestly, I fucking love being a city fan.

Last edited:
It’s a combination of USA influence behaviour towards Arabs, USA owned clubs and the still huge following worldwide of the so called and formerly “Top 4”. The media and people working there often don’t even realise it. Nor do referees for that matter.

I truly believe that when Pep retires from the game and he is asked about his time with City, he will tell it’s the blatant bias from the media that simply motivated him, his staff and the players to continue to get results.
And so do refereeing decisions.

As for now, let’s enjoy what to every neutral and upcoming fan base worldwide is clear, the City teams under Pep something special.

By rights now, media criticism should focus on the management of Tommy Tuchel. Not since Kevin Keegan have I seen a top flight manager lose it in the manner that Tuchel has in recent weeks. His constant complaint about the conditions that Chelsea face with Covid and the pressure of the fixture schedule and injury are to be perceived as a public display of weakness. The game is not just about tactics Tommy, it's also about mental strength and you cracked, and with it your team. Terminal? No. But you cost your side points, and it is the first chink I have seen in his armour. Chelsea's troubles though are not interesting for a media whose sole focus is selling news. Chelsea do not sell news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.