Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headline in The Guardian: City ready to pay €150m for Kane. That’s right euros, apparently now the currency of the UK. The article does go on the mention this is £127m. Still, I’m surprised they didn’t go the whole hog and report the number in Turkish Lira to make it seem a really massive amount.
Or ZMW 4,005,170,706 Zambian Kwacha

Headline in The Guardian: City ready to pay €150m for Kane. That’s right euros, apparently now the currency of the UK. The article does go on the mention this is £127m. Still, I’m surprised they didn’t go the whole hog and report the number in Turkish Lira to make it seem a really massive amount.
The Guardian is just bloggs, people's opinions not journalism. A fanzone site.

I thought that initially, although it falls down on the other columns.

To be honest, I think it's people finding irritation to keep themselves happy - looking at the table, it's immediately obvious that 2/3 have gone for City, 1/3 for Chelsea and only 1 thinks City will be below 2nd.

It displays better to my eye as it is than if the first column were reversed.
On my phone the bbc site has the pundits listed on the left hand side and it starts with Shearers prediction. The pundits are not in any order so why have they listed the 7 pundits saying Chelsea will win it before the 13 that say City will win it ?

On my phone the bbc site has the pundits listed on the left hand side and it starts with Shearers prediction. The pundits are not in any order so why have they listed the 7 pundits saying Chelsea will win it before the 13 that say City will win it ?

Because.

There really isn't a reason that is worth bothering about - as I said, it looks better from a layout point of view (to me) to have Chelsea first. I just don't care about the order, it's irrelevant on a 2-horse field.

Because.

There really isn't a reason that is worth bothering about - as I said, it looks better from a layout point of view (to me) to have Chelsea first. I just don't care about the order, it's irrelevant on a 2-horse field.
Fair enough, I just find it bizarre, we are the Champions and more than half the pundits say we will be again.

If these guys (and gals) knew what they were talking about, they'd be working in football instead of stealing a living trading on their former careers.

Talk is cheap when you have no skin in the game.

It's even more underwhelming that that. His only competitive game for England was as an 84th minute sub in a friendly against Trinidad & Tobago. His only other England appearance was against Platinum All Stars but no caps were awarded for that game. He was also an unused sub for a friendly against Egypt.

One Cap Warnock sounds like an appropriate epithet.

Or maybe 6 Minutes Warnock.
Whats that in dog years lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.