Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be one of these Irish bellends who thinks he’s the biggest Red in the village but has never been to a match.
He is opinionated imo, but he is an experienced and much travelled sports journalist, he is a red, but a Sligo Rovers red. He has probably been to more matches, including Anfield & Etihad, in a year than most of us ever see.
As an "Irish bellend" who is not the only Blue in our little town and has been to as many matches as physically possible, I was intrigued at how you pounced on his name, "The name alone tells you he’ll have never have even set foot inside Anfield" rather than on the content of his article. You may be right in your opinion of him, but I've been on the wrong end of tropes and cliches based on my name, which is an uncommon name, and it's sad to see pejorative conclusions still been expressed based on a name and place of birth imho. Hopefully our multi national team will continue to progress unharmed by these types of articles and all Blue bellends in your village and mine have a good holiday.

If winning 5 PL titles, 2 FA Cups and 6 League Cups in just over 10 years is soulless bring it on I say. Better to be soulless and than to be a complete RSoul like Sweeney and his fellow bitters.
To non Blues our football is soul destroying, and the little devils hate it.

it wasn’t a penalty for the simple reason Cancelo was in control of the ball & I was surprised that after the ref gave that as a reason it wasn’t mentioned.

I listened to bbc daily which is less of a faux outrage show & all 4 pundits said good refereeing, never a pen.

whst I haven’t heard is “thank fck for var”otherwise City would have had another legitimate goal scrubbed off.
Fully agree, 2 opposing players accidentally colliding off the ball, no penalty as Var. showed. Ederson and Frasier went to play the ball as they were entitled to do, Cancelo got there first, took the ball and their impetus caused a collision. Maybe people's judgement is coloured by the fact that Ed is sliding towards the ball on the ground, they forget goalkeepers are allowed to dive on the ground to get to catch the ball.

Last edited:
The BBC are reporting (for about the fifth time) that Barcelona have agreed terms with Torres. This is despite the fact that Barcelona haven't a pot to piss in at the moment. How the hell are they going to find the £60 million or so that City are looking for.

Barcelona seem to expect City to sell his contract for a fraction of that. They are probably expecting City to accept £20 million in instalments over the next ten years. Everyone knows that Barcelona couldn't raise a fraction of the fee that City will be looking for, so why do we get tedious repetitions of non-news like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.