Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly . should be the ref who asks for review like in rugby and also ask what angles he wants not what they decide to show him and also have this on the screen and hear the comms . why should you pay a fortune for tickets and not have any idea what is going on
Totally agree.

Reading through some of the ridiculous comments on social media about yesterday's game, City as a club and the apparent demise of the Premier League it's clear that they're are both too many people employed in the media relating to football and those that aren't have too much free time at this time of the year to spout their shit.
I've read things such as saying Attwell deliberately blocked Martinelli's sight of goal after Ake's goal line clearance "...what was the ref doing in the box anyway...?" - as if it's evidence of City paying off refs (!), a raft of comments from Dippers about sportswashing, cheating, unlimited resources, soulless club etc. etc. Journos saying the PL has lost it's credibility "if it allows teams to win like City did yesterday..." - then comes the responses summed up as "they don't need any help with their squad".
I seriously worry about the mental health of these other fans - they really need to take a step back and get things in perspective. If City winning yesterday - and we weren't at our best and Arsenal were much the better team for the first half - winds them up to that extent then they have issues that go beyond watching football.
Yes, it was plain to see how soulless our club is from the way they kept going for the full 90+ minutes and the way they celebrated joyously - the whole squad - when Rodri scored the winner.
Yes, they're a soulless lot, aren't they!?
:-)

Yes, it was plain to see how soulless our club is from the way they kept going for the full 90+ minutes and the way they celebrated joyously - the whole squad - when Rodri scored the winner.
Yes, they're a soulless lot, aren't they!?
:-)
Ferny who has won loads with us still celebrated like it meant everything to him even though he didn’t play, the team spirit is immense, that’s down to Pep, the greatest Manager in my lifetime.

Incidents I have seen in rugby the referee will ask VAR ( ref miked up) to have look at an incident such as a try. VAR then give their opinion, then the referee will look at the monitor and make is own decision, even if it means going against VAR. In the premier league once VAR as asked the referee to look at the incident again everyone knows the ref is going along with VAR. I think everyone agrees some of the decisions given by VAR are an absolute joke. I think the big decisions were correct yesterday, but on the possible Arsenal penalty if the ref was fitted with a mike and said to VAR just going to have another look at that, he then goes to the monitor and says don't think is was a penalty or I think it was. Then everybody would know what was going on and it would be the referee making the decision. If we could trust the on field ref to make the right decision is another matter.
I don't watch rugby, but from what you appear to be saying, if the ref doesn't think he's made a mistake in the first place, no-one can point out that he's made an error as he has to ask VAR to get involved?

Today, BBC online live -match reporting. Gary Rose and Shamoon Hafez (again)
"Brentford are clocking up more zeros than Jack Grealish's price tag".
Just can't let it go can they.
Such an inane comment - does anyone seriously want to hear that, or find it either clever or funny?
Gary Rose and Shamoon Hafez, hey? Obviously destined for great things. Fortunately, their opinions and comments count for nothing with us, and anyone else with half a brain.

From today’s BBC website coverage:

14:24

Post update​

Brentford 0-1 Aston Villa
Brentford are clocking up more zeros than Jack Grealish's price tag.
Zero goals, zero shots, zero offsides, zero corners.

Clear and obvious agenda.
Obvious, they missed two zero's cheeky bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.