Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that exact same thing. Saw the headline and was surprised that it sounded positive, then the article descended into the usual tripe.

What irks me with the Guardian is that they like to put across the idea that they’re somehow a cut above the tabloid bottom feeders, but they’re really not. They’re playing the same game, part of the same race to the bottom in search of clicks from armchair Liverpool and United fans.

Jonathan Wilson is by far the worst culprit. I’d call out Glendenning on the podcast but in his defence he’s too drunk most of the time to know what the hell he’s saying.
EVERY print media works to the same template, some just use longer words than others.

Good but enemy reconnaissance is required so that others take your stance. In another walk of life it would be called a picket.
Keep up the good work.

I take it the same dipper and rag trolls are still camped out all weekend on City match reports, they did my fcukin head in and just one of the reasons I binned off the guardian.

All of them (Ronay, Liew, Delaney, Wilson, Conn, etc etc) will routinely throw in a little sugar, partly with the aim of creating the illusion of fair-mindedness and partly because to deny the quality of City’s football would be utterly absurd.
However, if you think their intentions and sentiment toward us are born of anything other than calculating spite, then it’s you that needs to gain a little perspective. These people are part of a co-ordinated and deliberate policy to undermine us at every opportunity and to a man they would relish the ruination of our club. They’re absolute cnuts. Never forget it
And yet the latest offerings in the smear campaign that never ends and never works is "Cool passionless football". All this after Rodri at Arsenal which showed everyone the passion from the players, fans and BT commentary!!

I keep hearing that it’s out ability to buy the best of everything as to why we’re as successful as we are.

Who was our last signing that at the time people regarded as the ‘best’ player in that position? All our key players currently; Ederson, Dias, Cancelo, Rodri & Bernardo were certainly not in that category. I imagine most of these journalists had barely heard of them.

Pep then has the incredible ability to make them 10x the player through his coaching and his tactical genius.
If only we’d listened to Oliver Holt and bought Charlie Adam instead of Sergio Aguero they might have had a point.

Re Barney’s Ramble: I see he is
still looking to propagate misleading slights regarding our funding. More knowledgeable people than me @Prestwich_Blue insist it is a matter of record that only 10-20% of our commercial revenue comes from Abu Dhabi firms.

He questions whether the Abu Dhabi sponsors (which he goes on to list and, in doing so, misleadingly suggests these constitute our only sources of commercial income) have gained any value from their associations with us.

Why does no one at The Guardian ask Arsenal how many of the Tarquins have taken their beloved Ruperts and Sebastians on package holidays to Rwanda recently?

Re Barney’s Ramble: I see he is
still looking to propagate misleading slights regarding our funding. More knowledgeable people than me @Prestwich_Blue insist it is a matter of record that only 10-20% of our commercial revenue comes from Abu Dhabi firms.

He questions whether the Abu Dhabi sponsors (which he goes on to list and, in doing so, misleadingly suggests these constitute our only sources of commercial income).

Why does no one at The Guardian ask Arsenal how many of the Tarquins have taken their beloved Ruperts and Sebastians on package holidays to Rwanda recently?
This in a week when Man Utd were revealed to have the most expensive squad in English football, and when our Annual report revealed that City's revenue now exceeds Man Utd's. Clearly City are now self funding yet he runs with an article about state ownership and unlimited funds. That is prejudice speaking.

I am clearly in the minority here but I like Ronay’s writing. And to put a bit of balance back for those who haven’t read the article he ends by saying “this looks like the most irresistible club team English football has ever witnessed”.
If our fans are getting their knickers in a twist over someone who says that about us then maybe a bit of perspective would help.
No need to to write a response to this when @Bellamy's Caddy has already done it so perfectly ...
As others have said, Ronay just recycles the same shit about us in every article:

It usually goes something like...

- Grudging praise
- Repeated mentions of state backing
- Question validity of FFP
- Pep is a genius
- BUT they've spent a lot of money
- Grudging praise
- Subtly suggest their achievements aren't comparable to Liverpool or United
- Grudging praise
* Throw in a pretentious subtext to show everyone how very clever he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.