Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of them (Ronay, Liew, Delaney, Wilson, Conn, etc etc) will routinely throw in a little sugar, partly with the aim of creating the illusion of fair-mindedness and partly because to deny the quality of City’s football would be utterly absurd.
However, if you think their intentions and sentiment toward us are born of anything other than calculating spite, then it’s you that needs to gain a little perspective. These people are part of a co-ordinated and deliberate policy to undermine us at every opportunity and to a man they would relish the ruination of our club. They’re absolute cnuts. Never forget it
I dunno. Just seems to me that many folks have pretty thin skins and see conspiracies lurking everywhere. I’m not sure Ronay wants the “ruination” of our club or exactly who and why he is making this “conspiracy” with.
Also, life’s too short. Enjoy the fantastic spell we are having, take compliments in good faith and take any criticism with a hefty dose of salt.

The Guardian's position on City and our owner is a product of their 'ideology'. They are the voice of what we now call "the woke"; those who believe themselves to be tolerant of all faiths, sexualities, creeds and colours. The climate warriors and those seeking to remove traces of our colonial past. (I'm not criticising or mocking those people by the way.)

But here's where their problem is. In being impeccably tolerant, they have become intolerant of those who don't share those views. They celebrate diversity but simultaneously have a great aversion to elements of that diversity that conflict with their liberal, western, christian views. They will celebrate Islamic culture, for example, but reject elements of that culture that they celebrate that they don't like. LGBT rights is one good example. It's a part of a conservative religion but that doesn't count in the Guardian's eyes. Islam should be what the Guardian thinks it should be, not what it is.

You'll see many Guardian readers champion Hamas over Israel, yet Hamas is a determinedly illiberal organisation that rejects virtually everything the Guardian holds dear whereas Israel, for all its many faults, is the sort of liberal, inclusive (unless you're a Palestinian of course) democracy it champions.

It fails to recognise, despite the many failings of our own democracy, that sometimes autocracy, properly managed, has its benefits, particularly when it comes to avoiding major political instability.

It's for all these reasons that it ideologically hates our owner and his country. In being impeccably liberal, it's implicitly (and often explicitly) illiberal.
Mate have you even though of running for P. M.? there's a vacancy coming up :) Absolute class, well done sir.

Last edited:
I think many clubs were back then, but Rotters was well known!
Anyone remember Saturdays, I altered my birth certificate to show I was 18 not 16 to get in there in the 70’s.. I was chuffed to fuck with my forgery.. The bouncer wasn’t, he said “you have to be 21 to get in here, fuck off” … No worries getting in Tiffany’s though :-)

The Guardian's position on City and our owner is a product of their 'ideology'. They are the voice of what we now call "the woke"; those who believe themselves to be tolerant of all faiths, sexualities, creeds and colours. The climate warriors and those seeking to remove traces of our colonial past. (I'm not criticising or mocking those people by the way.)

But here's where their problem is. In being impeccably tolerant, they have become intolerant of those who don't share those views. They celebrate diversity but simultaneously have a great aversion to elements of that diversity that conflict with their liberal, western, christian views. They will celebrate Islamic culture, for example, but reject elements of that culture that they celebrate that they don't like. LGBT rights is one good example. It's a part of a conservative religion but that doesn't count in the Guardian's eyes. Islam should be what the Guardian thinks it should be, not what it is.

You'll see many Guardian readers champion Hamas over Israel, yet Hamas is a determinedly illiberal organisation that rejects virtually everything the Guardian holds dear whereas Israel, for all its many faults, is the sort of liberal, inclusive (unless you're a Palestinian of course) democracy it champions.

It fails to recognise, despite the many failings of our own democracy, that sometimes autocracy, properly managed, has its benefits, particularly when it comes to avoiding major political instability.

It's for all these reasons that it ideologically hates our owner and his country. In being impeccably liberal, it's implicitly (and often explicitly) illiberal.
Spot on PB

Anyone remember Saturdays, I altered my birth certificate to show I was 18 not 16 to get in there in the 70’s.. I was chuffed to fuck with my forgery.. The bouncer wasn’t, he said “you have to be 21 to get in here, fuck off” … No worries getting in Tiffany’s though :-)
Was that the one in didsbury with about 4 Dance floors? Ace in there if it's the one I'm thinking of.

It would seem that the teams managed by German managers have clearly been more affected by covid than other teams , and feel the need to complain about it to the press.

As well as being " state owned " and thus having limitless amounts of money to spend, our owners are clearly " covid immune " which is another unfair advantage over other disadvantaged teams in the PL.

No wonder we are so despised :}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.