Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a type of football journo and pundit whose whole gimmick seems to be that they fell out of love with the game. It's work to them, they hate it, they don't get weekends free, the political journalists don't take them seriously, fans give them shit all the time, the whole sport is corrupted, everyone has seen it all before, it's not as good as when they were kids and their beloved United were on top.

Well I'll have their job, if they want. No wonder fan media has taken off the way it has.

Liew really is a verbose wordy know nothing if he really thinks football supporters wouldn't recognise his quotations from Orwell and rightly call him out on their inappropriate usage. Alas for him and his like, there lies the contradiction of "Football supporters" who they portray as an illiterate rabel when it suits to embellish some of their outlandish talking points yet can easily recognise his transparent attempts at literate contempt for the knowledge and learning of others.
I give you the Daily Guardian, xenophobic, pompous verbose bullshitters.

Last edited:
Liew really is a verbose wordy no nothing if he really thinks football supporters wouldn't recognise his quotations from Orwell and rightly call him out on their inappropriate usage. Alas for him and his like, there lies the contradiction of "Football supporters" who they portray as an illiterate rabel when it suits to embellish some of their outlandish talking points yet can easily recognise his transparent attempts at literate contempt for the knowledge and learning of others.
I give you the Daily Guardian, xenophobic, pompous verbose bullshitters.
Yep. Conn, Ronay, Liew and the other one I can’t remember - always snide, always pretentious and very rarely any discussion of football (and any sport) from a tactical or sporting perspective. And mixing this with the politics thread - apologies - my gut feeling is the guardian benefits the Tories far more than Labour. Their pompous taking of the moral high ground in everything just fucking grates.

Problem is what else is out there? I have this fantasy based on C4 football Italia that the italian sports papers are everything I want in a paper. Sat outside in a piazza, wearing a softly cut indigo coloured cotton suit, with an espresso and a glass of water, perusing the football gossip and tactical analysis of matches - all written without any snidey side. As Monica Belluci is back in my stylishly appointed apartment getting the gnocchi ready…

Ah liew once again. He really is a consistent disappointment of a journalist.

And yeah, that last para is pure poison; it’s just so bad it’s beyond refuting, I mean where do you start.
You could start by pointing out that the UAE is one of the biggest allies of the UK in the Gulf region and also one of the biggest investors in this country as well as being one of the most liberal regimes in the Middle East .
Meanwhile City are not "owned by a state and never have been."

Last edited:
Does crooks live in the same world as us ?

The dippers didnt maul us, they needed a mistake to score !.
I didnt think Brighton looked like they were missing Potter. Thought Brighton played very well
This is what happens when you let a country singer write about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.