Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a type of football journo and pundit whose whole gimmick seems to be that they fell out of love with the game. It's work to them, they hate it, they don't get weekends free, the political journalists don't take them seriously, fans give them shit all the time, the whole sport is corrupted, everyone has seen it all before, it's not as good as when they were kids and their beloved United were on top.

Well I'll have their job, if they want. No wonder fan media has taken off the way it has.
Great post. So many of them are late converts to football who see it as a way of making a living. It is not a passion. So many of them sneer at working-class fans and go out of their way to find negative angles on everything. The Guardian staff epitomise this. Everything they write has to be politicised. They just don't love football the way fans do. They don't understand us and large sections of the media are totally out of touch with the audience they are trying to attract.
English football is fantastic. It is watched by billions across the globe. It creates and supports hundreds of thousands of jobs in this country. It is possibly the most successful thing this country produces these days. So why do these patronising posh boys, who mainly work for broadsheet newspapers, spend so much time mocking our national sport?

BT Sport's hitting the wank wall over the Chavs winning 1-0 at half time.

"Potterball is beautiful to watch"

"One two passing dominance is beautiful to behold"

Be interesting to see what comfy chair and his mates says later.

Yep. Conn, Ronay, Liew and the other one I can’t remember - always snide, always pretentious and very rarely any discussion of football (and any sport) from a tactical or sporting perspective. And mixing this with the politics thread - apologies - my gut feeling is the guardian benefits the Tories far more than Labour. Their pompous taking of the moral high ground in everything just fucking grates.

Problem is what else is out there? I have this fantasy based on C4 football Italia that the italian sports papers are everything I want in a paper. Sat outside in a piazza, wearing a softly cut indigo coloured cotton suit, with an espresso and a glass of water, perusing the football gossip and tactical analysis of matches - all written without any snidey side. As Monica Belluci is back in my stylishly appointed apartment getting the gnocchi ready…
I think you have more chance of fulfilling your dream of Monica Belluci than reading unbiased articles about City from British sports writers, Martin Samuels excluded, sitting in your cotton suit in shambles square.

Yep. Conn, Ronay, Liew and the other one I can’t remember - always snide, always pretentious and very rarely any discussion of football (and any sport) from a tactical or sporting perspective. And mixing this with the politics thread - apologies - my gut feeling is the guardian benefits the Tories far more than Labour. Their pompous taking of the moral high ground in everything just fucking grates.

Problem is what else is out there? I have this fantasy based on C4 football Italia that the italian sports papers are everything I want in a paper. Sat outside in a piazza, wearing a softly cut indigo coloured cotton suit, with an espresso and a glass of water, perusing the football gossip and tactical analysis of matches - all written without any snidey side. As Monica Belluci is back in my stylishly appointed apartment getting the gnocchi ready…
As long as she phoned me a few times and just said "not on your lips, my love"

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but that waste of air Jonathan Liew is at it again in that eternal defender of the moral high ground, the Guardian:

Will the novelty of Erling Haaland scoring – again and again and again – wear off?
Jonathan Liew

Assessments of the Manchester City striker’s first season in English football have been reduced to a counting exercise

“But for now Haaland is doing what he wants, for a club that is essentially doing what it wants, owned by a state that whether extinguishing free speech or showing solidarity with Putin’s Russia, simply does what it wants. Perhaps this is the real meaning of Haaland at City: an object and breathtaking lesson in the impunity of power, a vision of a future in which an Erling Haaland boot is stamping on a Kevin De Bruyne cross, for ever.”
Proper salty tears, I love it.

Was looking at a copy of The Sun (i know , i know i didnt actually buy it) the pre-match article contained two pages about Dortmund , how great Bellingham is and how their defence is going to keep Haaland out.
Hardly a mention about the British club playing a game in europe it was written by some goon called Dave Kidd and then you get to his weekly/rant article all bout the Geordies dispacable new owners were we are also mentioned in dispatches and his sympathy for the billionaire Yank owners in the Premier league who cannot possibly compete
Just wonder which 'istree club this Kidd prick supports and how much Murdoch is paying him to praise everything that is Yank owned.
Never seen any media article about the Yanks and their human rights record or is Guantemeno Bay the Yank version of Centre Parcs with free waterboarding sessions included , if your white and rich it appears you can do no wrong , but brown skin and Arab/Asian you cut journalists into little pieces on a daily basis.
Love the way the media support "No Room for Racism" campaign at every opportunity ,perhaps they should look closer to home and their obvious racist views on football club owners.
Hypocritical bastards.
Just read Kidd the clowns match report on line , we were outplayed by Dortmund for large parts of the game and Haaland was hooked at half time because he didnt have a sniff.
Reality is we totally controlled the game and would have won if Mahrez grew a pair of bollocks and the Haaland substitution was probably planned before a ball was even kicked.
How do journalists (and i use that term sparingly) like this c*nt Kidd still get work when they print so many bare faced lies.
Murdoch job criteria for journalist , must be racist , lying , bigot , here's your man............ Dave Kidd

There's a type of football journo and pundit whose whole gimmick seems to be that they fell out of love with the game. It's work to them, they hate it, they don't get weekends free, the political journalists don't take them seriously, fans give them shit all the time, the whole sport is corrupted, everyone has seen it all before, it's not as good as when they were kids and their beloved United were on top.

Well I'll have their job, if they want. No wonder fan media has taken off the way it has.

What's totally bizarre is they're seemingly vying for an era of football where the quality was absolutely dross. Guardiola has produced the best football this league has ever seen.

So many journalists absolutely hate their jobs and it comes across in their writings. It's remarkable how bad the general standards of sports writing is at the moment. They're essentially killing off their own industry and they're too unintelligent to realise it.

Just read Kidd the clowns match report on line , we were outplayed by Dortmund for large parts of the game and Haaland was hooked at half time because he didnt have a sniff.
Reality is we totally controlled the game and would have won if Mahrez grew a pair of bollocks and the Haaland substitution was probably planned before a ball was even kicked.
How do journalists (and i use that term sparingly) like this c*nt Kidd still get work when they print so many bare faced lies.
Murdoch job criteria for journalist , must be racist , lying , bigot , here's your man............ Dave Kidd
I’d love to hang the fuckers from the top of one of the stands but at their darling clubs rags and red scousers ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.