Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a text from a Liverpool supporting mate asking had I seen David Squires cartoon in the Guardian this week.

Now I like a lot of his work, albeit we get painted with a broad stoke agenda which I get given his readership and it is generally belittling of our achievements. Although seeing Eddie Howe in an Imperial Commander tracksuit is funny.

I took a look at this week’s and would suggest you do too. The sliding doors depiction of a Forest fan who but for the quirk in allocation could have been on the Leppings Lane is really powerful.

I was at Anfield last week and had I tackled the young lads (and older) on what they were chanting I daresay they would have mentioned Heysel etc

But as hard as it is to recognise at times we are all football fans and this weeks cartoon reminded me of that.

Some of us have probably been caught up in a few crushes. I recall often being relieved at escaping the melee at the top of the kippax only to realise I know had 6 flights of stairs to negotiate and my feet were no longer in contact with the floor. Others I remember were Highfield Rd and the self inflicted Stretford Paddock incident following Brightwells welly.

I suppose the point is there’s a line, and it a fine one which sometimes you only realise you’ve passed once you’ve done it.
I was far from comfortable with some of the chants at Anfield and this piece reinforces that.

Still gutted Phil didn’t have a go at Milner more often.
If Forest had been given Leppings Lane 97 people would be alive today. Assume the cartoon reflected that?

Don't really get your point.

I see blues on here getting wound up by things journalists and the like are saying and writing. Just trying to say that they should ignore, don't let them get to you and spoil the great times we're having right now.

Plus many of these so called journalists write this stuff precisely to annoy so that people click on it and share it. In my opinion blues should stop being easily manipulated.

I do suspect though that there are some who love to get wound up by what some journalists are saying.
Who cares. If people get wound up by it, let them. If people want to ignore it, let them.

If it doesn't matter as you claim, you shouldn't care either way. But you seem to be more upset about how people deal with the media than anyone else here.

For me, I like to know what people are saying about my club. I like it when they're called put on lies and inaccuracies. It doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the club, a lot of the time I love to see it.

I just don't understand why people would visit a thread titled the media thread and get upset about people talking about the media.

Last edited:
Who cares. If people get wound up by it, let them. If people want to ignore it, let them.

If it doesn't matter as you claim, you shouldn't care either way. But you seem to be more upset about how people deal with the media than anyone else here.

For me, I like to know what people are saying about my club. I like it when they're called put on lies and inaccuracies. It doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the club, a lot of the time I love to see it.

I just don't understand why people would visit a thread titled the media thread and get upset about people talking about the media.
I just don’t understand why someone would visit a thread titled the media thread to get upset and tell people not to get upset about the media?

Don't really get your point.

I see blues on here getting wound up by things journalists and the like are saying and writing. Just trying to say that they should ignore, don't let them get to you and spoil the great times we're having right now.

Plus many of these so called journalists write this stuff precisely to annoy so that people click on it and share it. In my opinion blues should stop being easily manipulated.

I do suspect though that there are some who love to get wound up by what some journalists are saying.
You come on this thread regularly to say we shouldn’t challenge blatant lies and untruths about something we hold dear
I and several other regular contributors to this thread worked in this industry for many years and we have first-hand insights that perhaps others might not have
Please don’t be like the dullards who say ‘I don’t read the papers’
Of course the relentless negativity affects us. I for one am not accepting it

You come on this thread regularly to say we shouldn’t challenge blatant lies and untruths about something we hold dear
I and several other regular contributors to this thread worked in this industry for many years and we have first-hand insights that perhaps others might not have
Please don’t be like the dullards who say ‘I don’t read the papers’
Of course the relentless negativity affects us. I for one am not accepting it

My point is the people writing the blatant lies don't even believe half of what they write. You know they do so for clicks, my point is Blue's should stop giving them clicks, stop sharing their articles, stop giving them the attention they crave.

They don't care if you challenge them, let me rephrase that, they do hope you challenge them, not to change their mind, but so you click on the article. They only care about the engagement numbers they get.

I used to get angry about them but why let them get to you? They are thankfully, more and more, on the margins of the mass media. Fuck them.

I'm genuinely interested in your insights though, is there something more underhanded going on rather than trolling and pushing a narrative for clicks?

My point is the people writing the blatant lies don't even believe half of what they write. You know they do so for clicks, my point is Blue's should stop giving them clicks, stop sharing their articles, stop giving them the attention they crave.

They don't care if you challenge them, let me rephrase that, they do hope you challenge them, not to change their mind, but so you click on the article. They only care about the engagement numbers they get.

I used to get angry about them but why let them get to you? They are thankfully, more and more, on the margins of the mass media. Fuck them.

I'm genuinely interested in your insights though, is there something more underhanded going on rather than trolling and pushing a narrative for clicks?
No, that about sums up the modern industry
As I have said before, Reach PLC (formerly Trinity Mirror) now own pretty much all of the regional media.
And their editors and senior management are heavily Cult

PS, archive.ph gets you past most paywalls if you want to read say the Telegraph or the Athletic’s latest American tinted bollocks
Even clicking on Reader View on your phone gets you past many paywalls

Reactions: PPT
If you check out the replies to Sam Lee’s City articles on The Athletic website then you will know that he doesn’t write for City fans.

He seems to have now progressed on to snide Twitter comments.

No idea what good he thinks will come from Trolling City fans. Weird behaviour
He definitely doesn’t write for City fans
Only the most gullible plastics from overseas subscribe to that American shite or engage with him even vaguely positively, they probably don’t know any better

Had a text from a Liverpool supporting mate asking had I seen David Squires cartoon in the Guardian this week.

Now I like a lot of his work, albeit we get painted with a broad stoke agenda which I get given his readership and it is generally belittling of our achievements. Although seeing Eddie Howe in an Imperial Commander tracksuit is funny.

I took a look at this week’s and would suggest you do too. The sliding doors depiction of a Forest fan who but for the quirk in allocation could have been on the Leppings Lane is really powerful.

I was at Anfield last week and had I tackled the young lads (and older) on what they were chanting I daresay they would have mentioned Heysel etc

But as hard as it is to recognise at times we are all football fans and this weeks cartoon reminded me of that.

Some of us have probably been caught up in a few crushes. I recall often being relieved at escaping the melee at the top of the kippax only to realise I know had 6 flights of stairs to negotiate and my feet were no longer in contact with the floor. Others I remember were Highfield Rd and the self inflicted Stretford Paddock incident following Brightwells welly.

I suppose the point is there’s a line, and it a fine one which sometimes you only realise you’ve passed once you’ve done it.
I was far from comfortable with some of the chants at Anfield and this piece reinforces that.

Still gutted Phil didn’t have a go at Milner more often.

I’m sorry but this pisses me off. This is LFC & the media deliberately mis-understanding why match going fans of other clubs are completely over the hypocrisy of LFC.

Every song, every boo, every complaint about this despicable club is now “Hillsborough” & it’s tireless. Last season when people sang or called them a Dipper we were called out for shaming them about poverty & them being victims of Tories, this years the same song would be about Hillsborough.

Fans all around the country have seen them rampage, jib in, attack & abuse & want them held accountable.

Now go back to your mate & say are LFC outraged about…..

Fans turning up with fake tickets in Paris
Holding a parade on the anniversary of Heysel
Fans attacking Foden & his family
Singing songs about Fodens mum
Singing about Shipman & his victims
Singing about Munich
Staeau Bucharest banners mocking Heysel
Turkish flags
Attacking coaches
Attacking lone West Ham Fans
Dis-respecting the families of Hillsborough by using the tragedy as a deflection

Then tell him he’s a **** & Squires is for falling for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.