Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry but this pisses me off. This is LFC & the media deliberately mis-understanding why match going fans of other clubs are completely over the hypocrisy of LFC.

Every song, every boo, every complaint about this despicable club is now “Hillsborough” & it’s tireless. Last season when people sang or called them a Dipper we were called out for shaming them about poverty & them being victims of Tories, this years the same song would be about Hillsborough.

Fans all around the country have seen them rampage, jib in, attack & abuse & want them held accountable.

Now go back to your mate & say are LFC outraged about…..

Fans turning up with fake tickets in Paris
Holding a parade on the anniversary of Heysel
Fans attacking Foden & his family
Singing songs about Fodens mum
Singing about Shipman & his victims
Singing about Munich
Staeau Bucharest banners mocking Heysel
Turkish flags
Attacking coaches
Attacking lone West Ham Fans
Dis-respecting the families of Hillsborough by using the tragedy as a deflection

Then tell him he’s a **** & Squires is for falling for it.
We can add:
Booing an unconscious Ederson off the pitch for having his head split wide open
Smashing up City’s team coach not once but twice
SmashIng up Real Madrid’s team coach
Claiming that a song that literally references Kiev in the first line is somehow about Sean Cox
Mocking Heysel and pretending to push walls over when they play Everton
20 rats v 1 West Ham lad on his own. And then playing the Hillsborough card to pathetically try and defect/defend it. Cowardly cunts

Quite literally all these examples show they are always the victims and it’s never their fault

We can add:
Claiming that a song that literally references Kiev in the first line is somehow about Sean Cox
20 rats v 1 West Ham lad on his own. And then playing the Hillsborough card to pathetically try and defect/defend it. Cowardly cunts

Quite literally all these examples show they are always the victims and it’s never their fault
You forget to add that the replacement of said team coach that had been smashed, stopped on the way back so that the medical staff could help a scouser in distress... never gets mentioned.

We can add:

Booing national anthems
Singing Lizzie in a box
Singing IRA songs with no concern for 2000 victims
Everything to do with Michael Shields

PS, archive.ph gets you past most paywalls if you want to read say the Telegraph or the Athletic’s latest American tinted bollocks
Even clicking on Reader View on your phone gets you past many paywalls
If you want to read the telegraph for free, click on the article and then press esc a few times as it is loading.

Had a text from a Liverpool supporting mate asking had I seen David Squires cartoon in the Guardian this week.

Now I like a lot of his work, albeit we get painted with a broad stoke agenda which I get given his readership and it is generally belittling of our achievements. Although seeing Eddie Howe in an Imperial Commander tracksuit is funny.

I took a look at this week’s and would suggest you do too. The sliding doors depiction of a Forest fan who but for the quirk in allocation could have been on the Leppings Lane is really powerful.

I was at Anfield last week and had I tackled the young lads (and older) on what they were chanting I daresay they would have mentioned Heysel etc

But as hard as it is to recognise at times we are all football fans and this weeks cartoon reminded me of that.

Some of us have probably been caught up in a few crushes. I recall often being relieved at escaping the melee at the top of the kippax only to realise I know had 6 flights of stairs to negotiate and my feet were no longer in contact with the floor. Others I remember were Highfield Rd and the self inflicted Stretford Paddock incident following Brightwells welly.

I suppose the point is there’s a line, and it a fine one which sometimes you only realise you’ve passed once you’ve done it.
I was far from comfortable with some of the chants at Anfield and this piece reinforces that.

Still gutted Phil didn’t have a go at Milner more often.
Sorry not having one bit of that. Squires is saying Forest singing 'Always the victims' is wrong because they could have been in the Leppings Lane stand and you are agreeing with him.
The song is not about one incident and it is most definitely not about Hillsborough.
You, and many more, are falling for dipper hypnosis. Never you're fault is about the many many incidents that can be directly attributed to them that they point blank refuse to accept responsibility for. After the Taylor report any sensible fan knows Hillsborough was not their fault, Heysel, Colin Mafham, a Bulgarian waiter, coach attack, ambulance attack, virtually every European away game and certainly every Champs final, booing the death of the Queen, spitting at City staff, Roy Hodgson on the other hand were, plus countless others. So Squires can do one with his oh so clever Guardiaista left wing bullshit.

I agree about Anfield. Old Trafford used to be horrendous in those middle terrace sections. I still think Burnley is a potential deathtrap with just one exit tunnel by the toilets. I can't believe that stadium has a safety certificate.
Who says it does ? It usually comes out after a disaster that someone should have done or checked something..... but didn't. I reckon a lot of older grounds have not been properly tested and updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.