Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has a cert and I checked it online but it is a very weak document with no mention of that central aisle issue. It is a treacherous ground in my view. They only replaced the wooden seats a couple of years ago.
@bobbyowenquiff That is my point. The certificate it has was probably granted 20 years ago and every renewal someone simply rubber stamps it. Every PL ground should have been checked after the Arena bombing with them asking many many questions, could they prevent it or about how they would respond etc. In truth I bet no more than 4 clubs gave it any thought.
Every single time there is congestion they should review it but I know damn well they won't. Burnley v Fulham is totally different to the dippers turning up.

Will do, before subscribing to that fucking rag.
Do you subscribe to any ? I feel it is important to know what is happening in India and who better to inform me that Major General Erqhuart Smythe-Brown (ret.d)
See letters page 2nd, 7th, 15th, 22nd and 28th of every month.

I remember it, they had a photo of the bottle in mid-air on its way to Corrigan in some of the papers.

Only found this pic from a "Dirty Leeds" match.

image.jpg

Just shows how the Media gets everywhere these days. On the train to Amsterdam from Dortmund we got into a football decision with 4 teenage Ajax fans, great lads with very good knowledge of the game. However, they all said we are successful because of oil, we don’t have any history and we don’t have any fans. We put them right on history telling them we won the FA Cup and a European Trophy before the Dippers did, and we’d just taken nearly 4000 fans to Dortmund. They asked if we’d rather win the Premier League or Champions League, Premier League surprised them. The myth’s are obviously not restricted to just this country, anyway think we educated the young fellas, they said they’d support City in the CL now, good laugh with them as well.

@bobbyowenquiff That is my point. The certificate it has was probably granted 20 years ago and every renewal someone simply rubber stamps it. Every PL ground should have been checked after the Arena bombing with them asking many many questions, could they prevent it or about how they would respond etc. In truth I bet no more than 4 clubs gave it any thought.
Every single time there is congestion they should review it but I know damn well they won't. Burnley v Fulham is totally different to the dippers turning up.
Agree. Goodison is another stadium not fit for purpose but at least they are moving.

The Mail mentioned it.

Liverpool and Manchester City have certainly had their moments. When City arrived at Anfield on Boxing Day 1981, their goalkeeper Joe Corrigan was hit with a glass bottle thrown from the Kop and their manager John Bond told his players to lie on the floor as the bus was pelted with missiles on the way out. City had won 3-1.

Found this youtube clip of the game. Sadly no bottle footage :-(
Mentioned in one of the comments though

Even back in 1981 "They were playing the victims card" :-)

I remember that game so well, and not for obvious reasons, it was because it caused the mother of all fights with my rag step father.
Not many teams came away from Anfield with a win, but the rags had done it earlier in the season 1-2, and he thought they were the dogs bollocks for it and likely to be the only ones who managed it, could tell he was pissed off and willing the dippers to equalise at 1-2, but then when we scored a third near the end he started kicking stuff around and basically being a wanker with me so I just told him he was only being like that because we beat them 3-1 and they only managed 2-1, and BOOM !
rags as spoilt and entitled as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.