Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mail mentioned it.

Liverpool and Manchester City have certainly had their moments. When City arrived at Anfield on Boxing Day 1981, their goalkeeper Joe Corrigan was hit with a glass bottle thrown from the Kop and their manager John Bond told his players to lie on the floor as the bus was pelted with missiles on the way out. City had won 3-1.

There was still time for more shame. As City's players celebrated the final goal, a wine bottle was thrown from the Kop, striking Corrigan on the head.

Just shows how the Media gets everywhere these days. On the train to Amsterdam from Dortmund we got into a football decision with 4 teenage Ajax fans, great lads with very good knowledge of the game. However, they all said we are successful because of oil, we don’t have any history and we don’t have any fans. We put them right on history telling them we won the FA Cup and a European Trophy before the Dippers did, and we’d just taken nearly 4000 fans to Dortmund. They asked if we’d rather win the Premier League or Champions League, Premier League surprised them. The myth’s are obviously not restricted to just this country, anyway think we educated the young fellas, they said they’d support City in the CL now, good laugh with them as well.
And that is the result of the sustained negative media attention and bias against City since the takeover. I have experienced the exact same with people here in the UK. This is why the club should have taken a far more robust action to try and stop / reduce it years ago. I actually believe it is to late now. The result is what you have just experienced above. That is why it was done and why it continues to be done. To discredit us as a club and tarnish our achievements and hence our future potential fan base / revenue /success. Unfortunately it is mission accomplished for the MSM now. What those 4 teenage Ajax fans thought is now accepted and is the norm: We are just a state owned oil club, with no history, we play at the Emptyhad and have cheated our way to success. The media have won the war against us unfortunately. The reason they have won it is that we did not defend ourselves against the attacks or have shown virtually little if any resist since it began. It's our own fault and nobody else's. As fans we just have to live with it both now and in the future. The die is cast.

And that is the result of the sustained negative media attention and bias against City since the takeover. I have experienced the exact same with people here in the UK. This is why the club should have taken a far more robust action to try and stop / reduce it years ago. I actually believe it is to late now. The result is what you have just experienced above. That is why it was done and why it continues to be done. To discredit us as a club and tarnish our achievements and hence our future potential fan base / revenue /success. Unfortunately it is mission accomplished for the MSM now. What those 4 teenage Ajax fans thought is now accepted and is the norm: We are just a state owned oil club, with no history, we play at the Emptyhad and have cheated our way to success. The media have won the war against us unfortunately. The reason they have won it is that we did not defend ourselves against the attacks or have shown virtually little if any resist since it began. It's our own fault and nobody else's. As fans we just have to live with it both now and in the future. The die is cast.
Reasonable argument, however I do think defending our position may have invited further hostility. I do think you are correct though that the die is cast, it’s not stopped our growth though and I do think we have wiggle room to defend our position, hopefully.

Reasonable argument, however I do think defending our position may have invited further hostility. I do think you are correct though that the die is cast, it’s not stopped our growth though and I do think we have wiggle room to defend our position, hopefully.
I honestly think defending our position couldn't bring any more hostility than we have actually had. It is has been constant and sustained. Virtually on a daily basis. It's been absolutely disgraceful and its actually been led by the BBC who are one of the biggest news / media outlets in the world and are a public service broadcaster. That could and should have been nipped in the bud in the early days. Simon Stone asking Pep live on air immediately after winning the FA Cup and unprecedented domestic treble is he taking bungs from the Sheik? Just how much more hostile can you get? No other club in the world gets this treatment and one of the reasons is that they simply would not put up with it. Would Simon Stone have asked Klopp, Conte, Ten hag or any other PL manager that question? We know he wouldn't dare. But he did it to Pep knowing there would be no comeback whatsoever. That should have been the turning point. The point where the gloves came off and we went on the attack. But we didn't did we? Because we never do. You reap what you sow and the result is we are now known as just a cheating oil club with no fans around the world. As I have said, the media have won the war without even getting a scratch and they won it whilst they took the piss and laughed in our faces. Just like the Guardian did the other day and just like someone else will tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. Our PR strategy of non conflict and being passive with the UK media has been an absolute total fucking disaster and until it changes then nothing will change for us with the media. If we haven't learnt that yet then we deserve everything we get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry not having one bit of that. Squires is saying Forest singing 'Always the victims' is wrong because they could have been in the Leppings Lane stand and you are agreeing with him.
The song is not about one incident and it is most definitely not about Hillsborough.
You, and many more, are falling for dipper hypnosis. Never you're fault is about the many many incidents that can be directly attributed to them that they point blank refuse to accept responsibility for. After the Taylor report any sensible fan knows Hillsborough was not their fault, Heysel, Colin Mafham, a Bulgarian waiter, coach attack, ambulance attack, virtually every European away game and certainly every Champs final, booing the death of the Queen, spitting at City staff, Roy Hodgson on the other hand were, plus countless others. So Squires can do one with his oh so clever Guardiaista left wing bullshit.
Every time it’s reported the dippers have complained about the victims song this post should be sent to all media outlets. Sums it all up very well.

Was that Colin Mafham?

I didn't even know about that, they really are a piece of work aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.